Artefacts around MSFS ships

I asked @ACHJER , because he reported he got the same issue and may be he can tell different places than already mentioned and/or may be kind of ships which I missed.

Important is may be more the kind of ships ( screenshots ). Because all ships I seen , which also move, are not affected in a normal near vanilla MSFS. Therefore I assume it is some kind of add-on which cause that.

Certainly.

but that can simple checked, or ?.. Safe Mode On and check the ships :slight_smile:

Good idea :grin:. I will.

Report is now in Feedback-Logged status. Dev Team will attempt repro.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Have same artifact issues.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

In one example, where I talked to 3rd party developer, it seems that the 3rd party developer’s custom ortho file caused MSFS to automatically create static autogen boats . Those boats looked just fine until SU10. Now those same boats have the spider web line artifacts all around them as they are approached.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Good news, Bug Logged status indicates Dev Team was able to repro the defect. Now comes remediation effort if possible and scheduling of when the fix can be filled out.

3 Likes

Wow
 efficient

Can we do the same for AI traffic and ATC bugs ? :rofl::rofl:

I slowly really wonder whats wrong with my MSFS installation and my system
 I can not repro this issue, I can not repro system crashs, just all works fine :grin:. May be I can sell my system for lot of money as " never get issues with MSFS" :rofl:

1 Like

But then you may end up with a problematic system as a replacement! Better to hold onto what works. :slight_smile: All I’m hoping for is that the new BGL files won’t kill my system. I refuse to use outside TCs.

1 Like

Have the same problem with artifacts over boats. Seems to happen only on two sceneries from Justsim : LFMN (Nice) and LEPA (Palma de Mallorca). I’m on DX12 with DLSS but same issue with other settings.

yes

I had this artefacts at cruise ships on approach to RWY 30 of MK Studios LPPD

looks exactly the same like from the OPs shots

Same here.
Auckland NZ - but seen it many places.
PC, DX12, SU11, Nvidia, HDR.

I have this issue too.

Milford Sound, addon scenery. Checked in dev mode and it’s a default Asobo sim object cruise ship.

So is this the solution - you have to install the Top Gun DLC as some objects/effects are needed from that?
Post 32+ Return to Misty Moorings

2 Likes

Just installed the Top Gun DLC and, sure enough, the wire frame artefacts are gone in all of the places around the globe where I had noted a wire frame artefact problem.

5 Likes

Funny as I have the seafront vessel cote library and add on. No boats anywhere near me and I tried dev mode Boats=0

Been having the exact same issue and just found this post. Installed the Top Gun content and i believe the problem is solved!

2 Likes

Yes

I’m seeing this in SU12 beta ver. 1.31.18.0

Moderators this topic has not been solved.

This same issue has been causing me a lot of frustrations at MKStudios LPPD (Ponta Delgada). However the issue has also been solved for me by installing the Top Gun DLC.

1 Like