Return to Misty Moorings

Return to Misty Moorings (RTMM) is now fully active. This gives you over 400 FREEware locations in the Alaska (Bush) area. We now have A SINGLE DOWNLOAD for you on our RTMM MSFS HOME PAGE. All sites, except Misty’s Place (Our Home Base), are accurate, there are no fictional locations as there were before. We have all 200+ Alaska USFS cabins, over 30 SPBs, 18 “docks”, and many single lodges and canneries for you to find and visit. Each location has a specific ICAO identifier so you can quickly put in a “Direct To” on your GPS. Also, most of these are “SmartCam” ready, so to find a cabin once you’ve landed on a lake, all you need to do is press “S” (when SmartCam is loaded) and the exterior view will point toward the cabin’s location. Most of the flying is with floats and amphibians, the new Beaver is PERFECT for RTMM flying adventures. The whole site supports the scenery, for instance, there is a WayPoints page that has the GPS location for every location along with the ICAO identifier for it. You can find RTMM … HERE.

43 Likes

Great news, thanks for this effort!
I think I‘ll have some nice places to fly to this weekend.

Loved Misty Moorings back in the days of FS2004…

Keep us posted on how you like it Stan. We gave up counting the hours of work we put into it. A lot of fun though. Hope you enjoy it.

3 Likes

This looks like an amazing effort. I didn’t have FSX so I don’t have any prior experience with RTMM, but it looks like this is going to be responsible for me learning the Beaver.

There are also Heli landing spots, right?

Fantastic. Thank you for putting it all together and releasing for MSFS.

I can see myself spending hours in this area.

If you enjoy the Beaver and Kodiak float planes, RTMM is a MUST HAVE. I can’t believe it isn’t payware, it’s so good. Thank you to all who contribute to this project!

1 Like

Totally concur with @FlyerDreamerNJ Love it

Thanks sooooo much for this. I had a blast with it in FSX and was wondering if it would ever be available for MSFS.

Some folders have subfolders inside, e.g. RTMM-spb-jj-v.04 with rtmm-alaska-sea-planebases-jj inside - is this kind of subnesting working in MSFS2020?

Beauty of an addon, this is such a treat! No doubt the single download pack will help introduce many more people to this gem. Many thanks for this labour of love!

1 Like

Thank you for reviving this wonderful area for MSFS. I was involved in so much of this and other projects back in the 2004 and FSX days. This all holds fond memories and I am so grateful for all your hard work. Very impressed with how tidy you have made the package!

1 Like

I’m new to RTMM (so no expert), but when I unzipped the single download and dragged to my Community folder, it didn’t work quite right. I had locations with floors and no walls, for example. Someone suggested dragging the MANY sub folders out of the three main folders in the zip and placing them at the root level of the community folder. That worked!

Great to see some familiar faces “returning” to RTMM. For those wondering about all the locations we are offering in the package, if you look at our WayPoints Table HERE, scroll down and all of these are the additions you will get from the single download.

If you reload your data for Little NavMap, all the RTMM ICAOs will show up on the map, so you have a way to fly direct to any of our locations.

Doug/RTMM

2 Likes

It doesn’t work like that Flyer Dreamer… When in doubt, read the readme…

For Linker users, set up/add the main RTMM folder and link it to the community folder.

(or for “non-linkers” >> copy/paste all 32 folders (4-Libs, 28-scenery folders) into the community folder… and start the sim.

I do recommend the MSFS Add-on Linker…
LINK: https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

Norm(RTMM)

2 Likes

Plenty of landing spots. But if you have a heli with pontoons, it is best for the cabins. Almost all of them are on the water and back in the trees, so few places for a heli to land. Pontoons is your safest bet (if there is such a thing yet).

Yep heli spots at various locations from at some of the cabins to spots at/near the lighthouses in AK and BC…

Norm

1 Like

Don’t forget to download the Got Friends Expansion Pack … 3 folders, one is for the Beaver. It gives you an on/off tablet and most of all SPLASHING around the plane on the water! I use the free “pms50 750” to enter the ICAO for the flight plan (much easier than twisting the dial). All of our ICAOs for all 400+ locations are on the WAYPOINT PAGE at RTMM

2 Likes

Fun to fly for sure… and a challenge… and winter weather can be harsh at this time of the year… and dark!! I have built FP for all of these trips to the RTMM locations… RTMM MSFS2020 FP.zip - Google Drive

And even more trips at Misty Flying Club (VA): http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com/

Norm

1 Like

Ah thanks NixieLion will fix right away…

Norm