Asobo completely quiet about these "CTD"!

You are really bringing it like thats a secret, and only an incredibly intelligent individual should know it lol.

But yes, i’m aware more than 2 people work at Asobo and/or Microsoft, they must have atleast 4 people right?? That Bill Gates guy sure is going places. (i don’t have to /s this right?)

Still doesn’t change the fact they can adjust their communication strategy :smiley:

Breaking stuff, causing ctds and install issues - and then the first public statement: Give us more $$$ is kind of interesting.

2 Likes

Why should they? As you said, any half-reasonable person would have worked out that these were independent teams working to their own objectives, so why interfere with them just to make people feel better? The core sim team will, as has already been promised, respond to the community when they are ready to do so.

Independent teams doesn’t equal do whatever you want, especially in big corporate.

Public messaging and product releases are tightly managed. If you just brought out a patch that causes a higher influx of complaints in a few days time than we’ve seen in a year… yeah probably delay asking for more money a bit :slight_smile:

But hey, thats just being sensible right.

1 Like

One thing for sure, the next Dev Q&A or whatever discussion comes next will be a milestone, and an opportunity for the MSFS team to keep embracing the community or go the other direction. The simming community is usually patient and understanding, especially when breaking new grounds, but it wants to be heard and acknowledged. These forums have incredibly smart and knowledgeable folks and the efforts some are putting to report the issues in details are mind blowing. If MS & Asobo are smart (not in question for me), they will make great use of it. A matter of a few days before we hear back I’d say.

1 Like

**[quote=“Olavi20, post:111, topic:428022, full:true”]
Having said that, I am also disappointed about the communication of Microsoft/Asobo, not just with regard to this glitch. Why is it so hard to find any official information from them? Why is there no email newsletter or a message popping up at the start of the sim saying something like "we know that many of you are having CTDs and we are working hard on solving it.
[/quote]
###################################

I agree with you regarding the communication issue. A simple two or three liner regarding CTDs and a temporary solution would do wonders.

Also something would also be good on overclocking too. Not sure why FS2020 doesn’t like it but that other games are okay with it. Truthfully, the last thing I would want to do in this sim is to turn off overclocking.

Maybe hopefully we have both missed some communication somewhere and someone can point us to some information which ASOBO has already provided.

1 Like

Announcement, news? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

see last comment from Community lead yesterday august 3rd:

<<Hello! Lots of speculation here, we will release some updates as soon as we are able, just getting all our ducks in a row! :slight_smile: I didn’t want to make any promises on timing yesterday and I can’t right now, but please be a little more patient!>>

Okay. Thank you. I will await this with interest :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not just sensible, but sensitive. If this project is mostly going to frustrate, it may end before it’s finished.

This is supposed to be a “entertainment” product. CTD’s and the hovering threat of them in a flight sim is the least entertaining situation there is. Suddenly, standing in a corner, facing the corner is much more appealing.

That said, its important to remember that this is still in pre-alpha stage…hopefully not for another 9 years, but for likely another 2 or 3 years.

• The MSFS team took a gigantic risk releasing a pre-alpha MSFS at full price
  • The MSFS team took a gigantic risk making an Xbox version before making it a simulator
  • The MSFS team is taking a gigantic risk on how beautiful the screenshots are as opposed to how functional MSFS is as a simulator

This will either pay off or it will come crashing down based on the communication and the results of updates.

My advice to the MSFS team is to make this a functional flight simulator instead of giving us the likes of eye hospitals and before Xbox One compatibility. If Xbox One comes before this is a flight sim, it’s not likely this project will succeed…

Signed, MS Flight

6 Likes

Lol. Love that last line.

2 Likes

The silence is deafening

I can’t believe they still haven’t communicated anything… How many ducks are they getting in a row?

Try this fix from the FBW Discord - go to the pinned messages at the top. support (discord.com)

What worked for me was enabling Fast WASM Compilation in the developer options inside the sim.

1 Like

I was able to solve it by putting my power profile to ‘balanced’. Guess the ‘Slow WASM Compilation’ can’t keep up with my faster processor? As soon as I put the processor in a bit of overspeed, through a higher power profile, the Airbus collapses.

I will try this tip.

I always run my system at balanced, it ramps up speed as required and will run flat out at the rated max all core frequency on games all day long. This is for an i7-8700 though so your mileage may vary with more modern CPUs.

I just saw that over on the Aerosoft forum they are also recommending the WASM trick for their CRJ.

Yes, I will try it… it’s just one thing: I thought the WASM compilation was a one time process.

So I’ve gotten through that one already, but it still crashes (on 'high). Unless I’m wrong and that process is always used?

So if I’m right, that setting won’t matter on my setup. Nice experiment.

I have no clue how the WASM compilation is done. It was the magic fix that made the FBW work for me though. :grinning:

It’s done - as far as I know - when there’s new files in Community. It then produces a DLL (or multiple) in LocalState → Packages.

That’s why clicking ‘fly’ sometimes takes so long. Busy compiling.

But I already have the DLL now.

So yes, I will try this setting and then put my system on ‘high’, but I think it’s 50/50.

You could also try: run you power profile on high and see if that dev-setting saves you.

Xbox port wasn’t ready at launch, wasn’t ready for E3, why last week in July? My theory is that it was driven by French vacations in August. Summer holidays in Europe are very different than ours. They’re a month long and are more respected by employers than ours are.

The dev team is coming off a major crunch and are in the holiday month now. Add em up, and I wouldn’t expect major progress on anything for a while.

Wow, tried high performance and a CTD as the flight was loading. Going to go back to balanced now to try it again.

And I tried that dev-tip on ‘high’ and I crashed :slight_smile:

But I see another WASM setting there I’m gonna try now.