Asobo completely quiet about these "CTD"!

i understand that. apparently remis does not.

1 Like

Do you understand these are all games?
Xplane 11 has mandatory updates. FSX had mandatory updates, DCS has mandatory updates. You’re literally taking one exception (p3d) and telling me it represents all the games.

I made a clean install on a ultra high end pc
Tried the sim with AMD and Nvidia GPU. Made after that 9 flights of aprox 30 minutes on different spots.
8 of the 9 times the sim crashed to desktop near or on the airports at landing. Before the update i never had any crash for more than 7 months in the sim.

fsx did not have mandatory updates and im pretty sure xp does not either.

nevertheless, the point is people have to decide whether downtime is acceptable… whether bricking your entire hobby for a few days or weeks after updates is worth it… i run p3d, i never have to worry about it because i can choose if/when i update – i can wait until all my addons are known to work.

He doesn’t understand that the compatibility issue is between the SDK and the sim. The developer was unaware the new update was going to cause CTDs with their airports. This is not documented.

If there was a new SDK with patch notes saying changes were needed then he is correct, the mod developer has to make his mod compatible again.

But that is not the case here, even Asobo doesn’t seem to expect these CTDs on their own sim and SDK nor know how these are caused.

Seb – “We are fixing crashes daily. We have a system to monitor crashes and know exactly the health of the software. It can be many different causes, but what we see is that crashes that we are currently fixing are new as the old cases of crash have been fixed already.”

Admittedly, that was before The Update, but I imagine it’s still the case.

I can’t decide if this is hilarious or totally depressing.

2 Likes

I really think it’s exactly the other way around. You know I think how many times the sim was sold?
Compare that to the number of users that are posting here.
And subtract the number of happy posters from this.
Don’t think that you’re left with ‘many’ in the end.

Check your facts before saying anything. Played xplane 11 and yes the updates are mandatory. I hope MSFS will never have optional updates unless it’s stable/beta branches.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:
I like your attitude

After the update, I have also had many CTDs. Even after a complete new installation of MSFS, it would crash in the middle of the start up process.

But I have found a solution: I had to turn off the overclocking function in my Alienware PC’s Command Center. There are no CTDs any more but there is massive image stuttering in the VR mode with my PIMAX 8k X. I only used a “mild” overclocking.

Having said that, I am also disappointed about the communication of Microsoft/Asobo, not just with regard to this glitch. Why is it so hard to find any official information from them? Why is there no email newsletter or a message popping up at the start of the sim saying something like “we know that many of you are having CTDs and we are working hard on solving it. In the meantime, try this or that (see link for further info)”

1 Like

Almost 8 full days since SU5. Still no word from them? I honestly don’t understand what’s going on. I switched over to XPlane until at least Sept (at this point likely never.)

I still want to know what happened though. I’ve given up on that now too. :rage: :angry:

2 Likes

allways the same… OC …

how should a developer know that users do OC ?.. that users should disable here OC is mentioned within FAQ and should be clear.

I have read pretty much everything I could find in order to fix this CTD problem and other problems I had before, but I have never seen a message from the developers that overclocking should not be used. In comparison, the message to move content from the community folder is quite visible. Why don´t they mention the OC there as well, just as well that you should’nt use anything like Lasso?

I used to fly in the X-plane and it is very common there to use all kinds of tweaks, addons etc. to improve performance, most importantly overclocking, so I guess I am not the only passionate flight simmer having this kind of problem with MSFS now.

1 Like

I dont know what I should say… I mean Overclocking… what should a developer say to you "be patient and not kill your hardware with doing OC " ??? What you expect ? I know that with these update some things goes wrong, but pointing with the fingers to the developers because your OC… no…

It is the same as the usage of such tools like Process Lasso…

And just in case you not know that FAQs exist:

DISABLE CPU & GPU OVERCLOCKING (ALL VERSIONS)

Just saw this. They’re not quiet about asking for more money.
" Microsoft Flight Simulator Tweeted
Hop into an Aviat Aircraft Husky A-1C today on Microsoft Flight Simulator!"

If you click on the link in the post you’re taken to page at xbox.com :fearful: :disappointed_relieved: :sob:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the FAQ link! I just wonder why information like this is not more visible, like a message popping up during the restart after a crash.

I have been using MSFS with overclocking so far, without any crashes. And I was using the "official’ overclocking tool provided by the manufacturer of my PC (a Dell Alienware Aurora R8). Although it warns you about possible hardware damages, I sure hope they have designed it in a way to avoid just that.

na the app crash’d and dont know why. In case the app would know the “why” , we had not need all these long threads for searching possible reasons :slight_smile:

I know that OC can works fine, and I not against OC. But just in case of an issue it should be the first starting point. ( I also assume you get slighly different errors within the windows event viewer ).

Also all these “official” OC tools… you lost warrenty etc in case you use it. Sometime there comes a popup and you must agree “that you know that…” ( e.g. these AMD tool ). Strictly is also XMP memory profiles nothing else as OC. Damaging hardware happens, so far I know, not often ( you must made realy something wrong ). But system becomes completely instable.

Quite impressive how they managed to create a post about a new “payware” plane before they adressed the various issues with SU5 :man_facepalming:t6:

To be fair i was actually planning to buy that, even with all the issues and downgrades on PC. But this way of operating soured it for me.

Messaging priorities in the right place i’d say. /s

4 Likes

Or maybe…just maybe…there are more than just one team at Asobo and some are focused on different development areas than the core sim? Seems feasible to me and obviously these areas will continue to move forward independently…

1 Like