Asobo completely quiet about these "CTD"!

After every update people are always like wait for the development update. Don’t worry about the issues, they will fix them in a short time. Give them a break, and so one and so on. They brought these issues on themselves. They’ve had issues where statements they say are contradictory and deceptive. After all of these updates and a year in when will people start to hold them accountable? Almost every update has brought on varying levels of regression and issues. Now this latest update has been the mother of all regressive updates and they actually had the nerve to tell everyone how great it was going to be. The optimization! optimization! It is so great what we have done! We can’t wait until it is released! Now we cant tell you how we got here other than we fixed how the game uses ram and moved a couple processes to another core but you guys are going to love the new update. Even called it PerformancePlus. Now we know what the Plus stood for. Plus- graphical degradations. They obviously knew PC players would be upset about the changes or they would have been touting all the improvements during the last livestream. And to think, they are looking for ways to get this game ported to Xbox One! I wonder what kind of “improvements” will come with that update. This has always been a bumpy and nerve-wracking ride for the past year but now it has devolved into a legitimate dumpster fire.

4 Likes

The Steam review score has remained more or less the same (mostly positive) since the sim first launched and up to but not including SU5, even with the results skewed heavily in favor of the people who had negative experiences because they’re more likely to leave a review than those who had a positive experience and are busy playing. This indicates that the sim is performing well for the vast majority of users.

I don’t deny the fact that issues have existed and continue to exist, but the evidence does not support your claim that it’s been a constant downhill since launch and that they never fix anything.

1 Like

I use my laptop daily but I spent $1k last year on pc/video card to play one game, Flight Simulator 2020. On the pc, I only go to google maps to look at places I want to fly. Ocassionally I’ll watch some youtube videos but other than that, I have the base game, no mods, and nothing else on my computer. My game was crashing over and over when SU5 came. I was able to fly after the hotfix but I just wanted to chime in and say that someone with a solid pc, no mods or add ons, nothing else on his pc, was having problems with the game.

1 Like

No, you’re wrong.
You’re still responsible, no matter if the mod is payware or freeware.
Game developers become responsible only in a case if they buy your studio and you start working for them.

Lies. All games must be updated to recent versions.
I suggest locking this anti-developer thread. There’\s enough negativity already and people spreading lies and demanding unrealistic decisions are not helping.

I think you don’t understand how developing an addon for MSFS works. It’s not open, it’s closed. You use Asobos tools. In a sandbox made by Asobo. You can’t go outside of the boundary.

If the sim crashes it can’t be because an addon developer made a mistake. The sim should prevent that from happening, because it’s Asobo who makes the SDK.

Other games don’t work like this, this is normal in flight simulators. Try the SDK and see for yourself. They dictate the workflow. They make the tools.

2 Likes

It’s not a mistake. Addons need updating. but you don’t read what i say anyway. I don’t think i want to repeat same thing over and over again because you refuse to understand that addon developers are responsible for compatibility.

what are you talking about?

there are people still running P3D V4 out here… i’m still running P3D 5.1 instead of 5.2… my setup is running 100% reliably, so i do not need to update.

maybe you’re new to flight sims, but forced updates is very much a new thing.

2 Likes

Crash to desktop.

1 Like

Asobo writes a code change. “Ok, let’s test it.” Others at Asobo: "Nah…just push it out. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

2 Likes

monday we are going to work microasobo fix the ctd, implement the vnav, apply effects to clean the rain on the windshields, fix the sdk which is very buggy. good week and i wish you a lot of work.

If there was something the addon developer could fix, it still shouldn’t cause a CTD. There is no error handling in MSFS, no error codes at all like in almost any other game.

1 Like

AMEN! When it crashes it performs a magic trick and vanishes…NOTHING of any use

It’s not a new thing, all games do the same.
Don’t care about P3D, it’s a dead outdated platform.

They are working, so maybe they are quiet. Be patient, they did a lot that first year. These guys know what they’re doing: soon everything will be fixed. FS2020 is a 10-year project: we’re still in year 1. A little patience is desirable right now.

There is no such thing as permanent my friend

Haha. No they don’t. Their track record proves that. They are in WAY over their heads. You don’t release a update like Sim 5 if you know what you are doing. No excuses. Nope.

3 Likes

“My friend”? Did we go to school together?

maybe you don’t read too well. i said flight sims have never forced updates until msfs. im not talking about other games. im talking about desktop flight simulation. xplane, p3d, fsx, fs9, etc. have never forced upates.

do you understand?

Those sims have not been reliant on the cloud for so much information. The updates are mandatory so everyone is on the same page and can talk to one another and the servers.