Asobo/Microsoft silence

And that’s fine. We’d all like to keep it that way. But the history behind these kinds of posts says otherwise. So, we’re reminding everyone up front to keep it neat and clean.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, if the topic gets out of hand, I’ll delete it by myself! I just want to be able to use what I paid for it!

4 Likes

Just about to start a descent into Atlanta inbound from Amsterdam time accelerated during cruise phase. Live weather off using Rex for weather. Frequent heavy slideshow stutters.

Seriously this is ridiculous! Yes holidays blah blah but even before that bugs that should surely be easy to fix (i.e cloud heights) have had no input.

I love this sim but I have little to no confidence in Asobos ability to carry this project forwards from here.

2 Likes

Perhaps next time release (mandatory) updates after holidays?

3 Likes

And you show respect by going off on a tirade?

You talk about “nearly destroying your computer” because - why? - you’re frustrated?

Two words, times two:

1. Anger Management
  2. Grow Up
10 Likes

MS/Asobo are on a well deserved Holiday break.

6 Likes

@Seven7Tango… Sorry I can only speak for myself! if the game is ok for you, this post is not for you! but anyway thanks!

4 Likes

@CasualClick please answer me… will you have any information today? thanks!

It would be nice to get some specifics on what is being worked on for SU8. I’ve been watching closely and there truly have been very few insights or updates into the plan. With other SUs we’ve had more insight into what to expect but we’re flying in the blind here no pun intended.

One question I’ve asked probably several dozen times now is if we can expect a fix for the broken Achievements. I know for many it’s low on the priority list but there are a number of us that have been waiting and begging for an update for months with 100% radio silence. I’m not sure how else to ask it. It can’t be that hard of a fix…

What should we expect on 2/22?

1 Like

@LeMuraro I’m a volunteer mod (all of the Moderator team are) and users of the sim. We have no inside information or official connection to the Dev Team.

When we know about it - you will know about it. This is why threads like this are problematic.

Everyone needs to be patient, look at the pinned post atop the Board and know that is the latest information everyone here has.

7 Likes

Temporarily closing topic to clean up the first of likely many non-compliant posts.

1 Like

Reopened - let’s keep this clean. 2nd reminder.

Honestly folks - THINK HARD about what you’re posting about. Look at the topic. Is it relevant, constructive, civil, respectful?

3 Likes

I’d keep my expectations really low for anything today – can’t remember where I saw it, but rumor is that Asobo isn’t back at work until tomorrow. If they were in today you’d think there’d have been at least a tiny nugget of official communication by now.

anyhow, my take:

• If the fix was as easy as rebooting a server they’d have done it already.

• It’s obvious that Meteoblue itself isn’t the issue, given the correct weather data in the world menu.

• Something about how MS/Asobo’s weather servers (which combine meteoblue and metars, do fancy math, and send data to clients during flight) work got broken and given the timing it’s gonna be something really stupid like a date calculation that outputs garbage once multiple years were involved. Which may have in turn corrupted a bunch of stuff, preventing an easy reboot.

• Between the officially unacknowledged 6-7:12 EST daily downtime and needing the beta to avoid the weird (and seemingly random) temp spikes, the weather system (which seemingly has a mind of its own and might try to take over the world someday) went into the holiday with 4 flat tires coasting on fumes, no surprise that it broke down, perhaps more surprised it lasted as long as it did.

• Entering the holiday with things in this state (not to mention the failure to finish the SU7 hotfix) was an absolute disaster from a software development standpoint, and have no doubt, they’re well aware of it.

• Brace yourselves for the possibility that they won’t/can’t fix this super quickly. I could see them trying to combine a server-side update with a new beta build or even finally pushing the hotfix to the userbase at large. It might be until later this week.

3 Likes

No disrespect intended, but if that’s the case and you and the rest of the moderator team have no extra information as you say, posts like this one quoted above from your colleague are a little careless as it implies you know more than we do. Just to be sure here, I’m not suggesting you DO know more, but it certainly can read that way. A little bit like adding fuel to an already raging fire, wouldn’t you say? This causes people to now expect an announcement that might not come, which I don’t think is very fair.

8 Likes

We’re not talking about SU7 specifically… communication in general has been herendous so think before you comment.

Just a basic acknowledgement would suffice… we understand fixes take time but communicate

2 Likes

If you have a complaint about inconsistency in Moderation, I’m going to make a rare exception and publicly point out the recourse available to you - normally this would get DM’d to the inquirer:

If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a moderator you can:

* send a private message to @MSFSCommunityTeam
* file a support ticket at zendesk
* send an email to support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com with your complaints.

Please note that MSFSCommunityTeam is not the moderator team, it’s the supervisory team of MS-Asobo Employees who are Community Managers, and whose remit includes the management of all the MSFS related channels such as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and these boards. We the moderators serve at the pleasure of the CMs.

Please take your concerns directly to them as you see fit. Let’s stay on topic.

Appreciate the information, thank you, but I didn’t complain about the inconsistency in moderation. I simply pointed out that such sweeping statements are unfair if they are not well-founded - this would be the same if it were made by a myself or another user. It just so happened to have been made by one of the moderator team, who I thought would have known better.

As you say, let’s not derail this topic. Thanks once again for passing on that information above.

2 Likes

So is the statement that we can expect an update today correct or was that only speculation?