Asobo, please add Axis Mapping for Condition Lever

Dear Asobo Team,
thank you for all your work and regulary updates.
With the SU6 you removed the possibility to use axis on a gaming hardware( yoke, throttle,…) to control the condition lever inside the King Air 350 and Cessna 208B. There are many threads about this here in the forum.
Please add a mapping back again.

Cheers

9 Likes

They removed even MORE functionality of the 208’s cockpit???

Oh good… :rage:

1 Like

Upon more testing, not only can you not map the condition lever, you can only select High Idle, Low Idle, or Cutoff. Nothing in between. Guess I need a 3 way toggle now, instead of a potentiometer. Nothing weird about that…

Thanks for the update, Asobo :roll_eyes:

Can’t test - My PC is down for service right now (just moved home, had to drain loop for move. Opportunity to clean up and change out some hardware)

But. Is it not so that in the real aircraft the condition lever has just 3 states?

Does the fuel mix axis still work to move between these states or have the removed that?

I don’t mind if it’s just something like 0-25% = shut off, 25-50%= low idle etc. I can live with that.

1 Like

Not talking about the marked positions to the right/left. Always been High/Low/Cutoff

But now you can’t select anything between those options: i.e. Can’t fine tune mixture for peak performance. It’s either 100%, 50%, or 0% And the default position (Runway load in) is Low Idle??? No one departs at low idle (Except for AI co-pilot). Notice the arrow down/up when you hover (Similar to a light switch) instead of the fist (Similar to prop/Throttle/flaps)

The ONLY reason i’m upset about this, is because it’s just ANOTHER example of them nerfing the 208 cockpit. There was only 1 inoperable switch at launch. Now, half the dang cockpit doesn’t work.

In the PT-6 engines, you can fly all day at low idle. In fact, we pretty much only used low idle when I flew them. You can’t “fine tune” the “mixture” in a C208, because a condition lever is not a mixture lever. You don’t notice a difference between high and low idle in flight until you’re at idle power. High idle sends more fuel to the engine at low power settings, so instead of pushing the thrust up during taxi, we’d just push the condition lever to high idle.

-sarcasm-
If everybody would just fly using an Xbox controller as was intended, this change wouldn’t be a problem.
/-sarcasm-

2 Likes

This should probably be a voting thread or a Zendesk ticket, in its current form it’s unlikely to be noticed.

Closing this topic to prevent splitting a logged bug. Please contribute to:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/turbo-engine-condition-lever/463416
Thank you.