Asobo please help with cleaning up the image in VR

Not sure what Asobo can do here but any cleanup on their end that they can do with the look of the sim would greatly help in the area of visual quality. I look back at my old images of FS9 using far less display and video card resources than what we have now in devices like the latest HP Reverb G2 and think there’s something Asobo can to do help. We have a little to go but 2D has reached where it needs to be, VR should be the focus as that’s the future of simming.

2 Likes

Yeah, the VR picture was much clearer before SU5. Now clarity is reduced and, worst of all, there is soo much shimmering. Yet it’s not even on the bug list… So dissapointing

1 Like

I’m on a Reverb 1 and I am not satisfied with image quality under VR either. I get tears into the eyes if I compare the lively, life-like image on my (color-calibrated) 2D-screen to the light-grey, flat colors on my Reverb 1. Notably green looks as green on my 2D screen while it looks like poison in the Reverb.

I tried several suggestions for color correction but none of them works on my system.

I understand there are limitations with resolution, FOV and other aspects of VR those days. But color shouldn’t be a performance-critic parameter and could be handled by sliders in the simulator.

I was able to reduce shimmering a bit by using the NIS tool, though. My current settings are 100/100/90/60 (OpenXR scaling/In-game Scaling/NIS scaling/NIS sharpness).

Interesting, the NIS tool hasnt helped me with shimmering at all. What FPS are you getting with those settings? I suspect theyd be toovlow for me, i cant go lower than 40FPS without losing all motivation to play

40 would be a dream for me. Usually, I get around 20. It’s always a balance between fps and quality where I tend to prefer quality. But I agree it’s pretty low indeed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.