Asobo working on a hotfix for CTDs

I didn’t see anyone being rude or threatening yesterday, why the post? the worst I saw was people wanting to sue XD

I didnt either but its hard to keep up with 100,s of threads per day right now lol

I agree with RealTwig. I am fortunate enough to have very few problems now, and those that I have are visual in nature. However, they need to get the thing running for everyone (meaning stop the CTDs) before addressing the graphical problems. Make no mistake that the issues everyone has noted here should be addressed, but let’s get everyone in the same boat (or plane?) first.

3 Likes

If it means reverting the PC base to SU4 I’m in, will gladly go back to SU4 until a more stable release for pc is available. I can’t see one version running for both platforms, unless they have another workaround. Nevertheless this is a promising announcement.

1 Like

Or crashes before the UI even appears… :tired_face:

1 Like

As i said im happy with the preformance gains, I just wished they kept Xbox and PC apart from each other (Xbox version - PC Version)

1 Like

Well they just closed that wishlist item.

Oh well :smiley:

No sure I understand what you mean, do you mean it won’t happen cause quite honestly a generic patch across platforms ain’t gonna fix the issue experienced by PC users, or have I completely missed something :slight_smile:

Ok, this is good to hear and much needed. The experience is abysmal right now…Terrain not properly loading, weird jumps when switching views, blurry textures everywhere and as reported by other people, clouds. Thanks asobo and keep it up!

1 Like

Ok got it now, the post which generated 243 votes was closed :slight_smile:

I’m guessing the idea to combine the versions was there all along, with the future plan to optimize each of them according to their individual platform. Well Step 1 is done, so let’s hope they give us the ability to tweak the PC side.

1 Like

Has probably more to do with the extreme explosion in hate posts and toxicity, than the content of the post itself. Judging by yummivanas post, that’s most likely the reason.

They could have saved a lot of grief if they would just add the option to not update until you want to.

1 Like

Not an option for a massively online-dependent title.
Neither an option for all the 3rd party devs that would need to maintain multiple versions etc.

2 Likes

:bulb: Asobo, please don’t feel preassured to release this hotfix before it has been thoroughly tested. Take your time. :heavy_check_mark:

The comments were probably deleted before you could see them.

1 Like

Glad for hotfix for everyone. Personally, I had tons of CTD’s yesterday until I remembered to uninstall REX 's 3rd party airport addon. I had emptied my community folder, and still crashing. I turned off the live traffic AND the AI traffic, because that is an obvious bug that they are probably working on. That with disabling REX, and I have not had CTD’s since. I got lucky. They have since made an updated product compatible with this addon. I think it’s different for everyone. Crucial to check for any imbedded 3rd party addons…
I also have better scenery, actually clearer terrain with this update. More custom buildings were added as well. Before, the sim sucked. It was slow /choppy, lousy blurry graphics. Now, It looks amazing and is running very smooth. Good performance upgrade. I had some screen tearing/graphics card issues so, I turned on Vsync and that helped. I think once the bugs are ironed out, we will agree this is the best update yet…it really is changing the game for the better. It just feels like a more finished product. Now the sim has more to do, great transition screens, instead of that same dumb picture over and over. Oh, and blazing fast loading…
All the other updates didn’t do much for me. I think we will agree once it is running properly.

Agree. Menus are ■■■■■ now. Can not configure honeycomb bravo and alpha. Also log book is empty.

Sure I’m experiencing few bugs but it’s crazy how some of you are experiencing lots of CTD’s and some of us are not at all. I’m glad there’s going to be a fix in that aspect for you guys