Asobo working on a hotfix for CTDs

Please fix that annoying menu bar that is always visible and the weather problem.
always too many problems after updates!

2 Likes

This is the best news I’ve heard in 48 hours haha. Very excited!

Great news at last, hopefully the CTD will end soon up to 17 now and 6 freezes, but I keep trying, I got an hour yesterday that was lots of enjoyment. So looking forward to the Hotfix.

1 Like

Hot fix release is tomorrow

July 30th, at 8 am PT (1500 UTC) to download on both PC and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Here are the release notes:

Stability/performance
  • Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
  • Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
  • Fixed minor memory leaks
Input
  • The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
Navigation
  • Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
  • Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
  • Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
  • Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
UI
  • VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
  • Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
  • User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
Planes
  • Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
  • Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
Activity / Gameplay
  • The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
  • Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
  • Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
  • Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
Weather
  • Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
SDK
  • Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
  • Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs

We are actively working on making this sim the best experience possible, and look forward to seeing videos, comments, and more from you about this release.

- The MSFS team

Do you use Navigraph nav data? I was having CTD on the World Map screen specifically when it was set to Satellite or Blend and zooming in and out and moving around. I think this had something to do because I use Navigraph’s nav data and in had removed everything from my Community folder including nav data and I realised that I was unable to enter any waypoints in an aircraft cause they weren’t in a database.

Have been trying to make it crash recently but been unsuccessful.

No, I don’t use it.

I can’t reinstall the game anymore (stucked in decompressing packages). Will the hotfix fix this as well, in your opinion?

I’ve had back-to-back CTDs since the update. Only 1 successful flight out of 4. The sim was working flawlessly prior - frame rates in the 50s, no stuttering, gorgeous scenery, smooth seamless panning inside cockpit with TrackIR

Now I can’t get even get to rotate before CTD.

Removed everything from community folder too - no luck.

bummer

No CTD as such but Baron autopilot had a brainstorm midflight and suddenly flipped the AC into a steep turn to the right and headed for a spiral dive into the ground.I regained control by disconnecting the AP. After stabilising the AC discovered the AP was terminally unusable so I flew manually and landed at the nearest Airport using Navigraph Chart. Had to restart the flight from scratch
then OK.
Experiencing not just stutters, but sim sometimes actually freezes and then stutters back into life. Performance much worse than before SU5, not better as promised. Never had more than very occasional very brief odd stutter before the update. Somethings gone wrong somewhere !

Hello,
Je n’avais aucun problĂšme jusqu’à ces derniers jours, mĂȘme avec la SU5.
Et puis lundi, j’ai changĂ© ma carte graphique, passĂ© enfin d’une 980 Ă  une RTX 3080. DĂ©sormais j’ai constamment des CTD. J’ai tout essayĂ©, toujours ces crash. 1 vol sur 4 ou 5 OK environ. J’ai rĂȘvĂ© d’avoir mon FS en ultra
 et dĂ©sormais que c’est possible, je dois abandonner et attendre une hypothĂ©tique mise Ă  jour
 Dur dur.
Mon problĂšme ne vient pas de ma carte, c’est certain. Un ami qui a une 3080 depuis un bon moment avait son jeu OK jusqu’à la SU5
 depuis il a Ă©galement les CDT et il met le jeu en pause Ă©galement.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

1 Like

Phython544 translation:
“Hello,
I had no problem until the last few days, even with the SU5.
And then on Monday, I changed my graphics card, finally going from a 980 to an RTX 3080. Now I have CTDs all the time. I’ve tried everything, always these crashes. 1 flight out of 4 or 5 OK approximately. I dreamed of having my FS in Ultra 
 and now that it is possible, I have to give up and wait for a hypothetical update 
 Tough.
My problem isn’t with my card, that’s for sure. A friend who has had a 3080 for a while had his game OK until SU5 
 since then he also has CDTs and he pauses the game as well.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
“

I too just experienced my third CDT on a flight over 5hrs
 should have been 6 hrs. I too have an RTX 3080 and settings to Ultra
a fully capable rig with all new hardware
spent a few thousand $$$ just to have it start to fail once SU5 was forced upon us. SU5 (built for XBox) is not serving the community and should be reversed. Better yet, decouple the XBox code and make it a separate code from the original Pre XBox patch. The PC community should NOT suffer due to the limitations of a GAME box. gamers can still share in the on line environment but don’t handicap the PC community with sub par coding to make it serve users that are not likely to invest in expanding with the program. Make MSFS an actual simulator NOT a game!!! Or stop calling it MicroSoft Flight SIMULATOR 
 currently it has been mandatorily transformed into MSFGame.

I am ashamed and feel duped into thinking this program was heading in the right direction, 1 year after a bad launch. C’mon fix this mess! Starting to think class action suit might be in the future.

Just look at the active bug list

From The MSFS Team:

The “experience” that was possible a month ago was an improvement over the current “experience”
 nice work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.