Asobo, you guys deserve some thanks!

No one should doubt their or Microsofts commitment for this product!

I think it’s amazing we get these major world updates for free with a tons of content! Sure, one could expect satellite data to be updated but to get airports and a ton of POI etc is awesome!

Loving MSFS and it will just get better!

2 Likes

Yep, I agree…I think this sim is absolutely fantastic and continues to get better, there are a few minor things but as a whole, the idea and project is coming along nicely.

Well done Asobo and keep the support up, it’s been tremendous!!

Ste.

2 Likes

Agree, we have been so long wait’n for a new Sim. It’s stunning. I love it.
And the best at all… they make it better and netter with the coming years.
Thanks Asobo

1 Like

Thank you Asobo for the awesome update!

I flew the US Discovery Flight and was awestruck with the scenery resolution all along the 230+ nm flight. Throughly enjoyed the flight and the unbeatable scenery.There were railway tracks, trains, ships and even warships!

Performance wise was good and stable for me all throughout.

Thank you again for making this a free update.

1 Like

I also want to congratulate Asobo team for this EXTRAORDINARY sim. I dreamed of a such sim since 1984. I really enjoy doing VFR now. This USA update is very very nice, the terrain mesh is so good, textues are so nice. As I’m from Quebec, Canada, now I have a very nice big flying area to discover. Those world update are very cool. I visited Japan for several days and now I’ll spend the next three months flying USA.

Thank you so much Asobo.

André

2 Likes

Case in point:
Flying around the world, had a flight with a “bug”, another flight with a different “bug”, another flight with a different “bug”
Later on discovered they were all pilot error.
My last few flights have gone flawlessly, ATC and autopilot included.
People would rather post on the forum about the broken sim than work the problem.

4 Likes

Totally agreed. I always search for these encouraging posts to participate in. I’m stunned by what this product can do so soon after release. And when I compare to my start with the original Sublogic and first iterations of MS Flight Simulator, I’m floored. Back in the day of CGA/EGA/VGA, I would lie awake dreaming that one day I could experience flight like this. Thanks, Asobo and Microsoft!

3 Likes

First few updates shocked me too and i was very negative about it but not really without a reason. Things do not work correctly and some things are broken but: When you listen to what they are doing and how things work, then you should be able to understand that some of the bugs or issues are not there because they are not able to do things right, no, they stated that with every coding sequence it can happen that some things changes by itself. Long story short, i agree with you and enjoy how it is for now, cause flying around can be fun. Let’s give them time and then the AP issues and other bugs will be gone.

#IsupportAsobo

The scenary is outstanding ! No issues with the installation either.Also considering your getting this stuff done during this pandemic, and likely working from home.

I’m very happy with the progress Asobo is making and plan to buy premium deluxe in the coming few months if they keep on their current pace. Replay & In Game Flight Plan modification are a must before I buy and the A320 needs to be fixed, it’s dang unflyable. The 747 and C172 work nicely and many other aircraft as well, but the A320 is pretty embarrassing I must admit. Nothing is perfect and everything has its blemishes, for MSFS2020 that blemish currently is the A320 and the runaway knobs bug. But hey, we’re in the middle of groundbreaking game development and with a very active dev community. I say this is like being able to get early access on a flight sim which we will probably never see in the world of Steam early access. We have a voice with developers who usually arent there to talk to the community, they’re usually hidden behind many walls of a corporation. If you don’t like the bugs you can wait for V2.0 to come out or sit back and watch the early adopters hammer things out. But its better if you jump in with us and hammer some bugs out yourself :wink: Thanks Asobo!

1 Like

Great screenshot but speaking of staying safe, I don’t think you’re legal to fly a TBM930 that close to a bridge :stuck_out_tongue: don’t crash! That thing is $3million expensive :laughing:.

OK I’ll take the bait but first, a serious question to all those praising the scenery.

Take off from KVUO and shoot up and down the river between there and Portland International and have a look at the messes that are meant to be iconic bridges.

Such great scenery?

If you’re an airliner flier, such as myself,
It is very hard to stay posiitive about this sim.
I basically had no serious problems till now, and in spite of the one forward two back of previous patches, I was able to find “fixes” and I had been somewhat pleased overall.
For me, after this patch, lateral control, unless by yoke, doesn’t work at all in any aircraft.
No A/P at all for navigation, no heading, no nav, no gps route follow. Airplane just goes straight.
I can’t use the sim at all ( unless for very short VFR which is not my thing) .
I want to like and use this sim, no differently than you. Been simming steadily since 1995.
So now what for me? Pray that they finally fix it?
Calling people who are upset because they can’t use the sim a “vocal minority complaining” is very inconsiderate.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I broke every aviation rule going there! I did fly over the dam and right under the bridge. I mean it was just there, right?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, I fly airliners on MSFS as well. This issue of not having the functioning the autopilot, on which plane we are talking about here? Which mod? It sounds to me is the FBW320 mod which has currently problem with the autopilot.
Other airliners, honestly I don’t recall issues like yours from my end.

These are PG bridges. Every PG bridge in the sim is like that and has been from day 1 - there is an issue with not being able to create the space under the bridges. This can be fixed by adding inidvidual POIs (like the bridge at the Hoover Dam). But interim solution - turn off PG. Alternatively flying at a few thousand feet and looking out the window - you’ll never notice.

OK, that’s weird. Have you any mods installed? If so, try without. Check control mappings (obviously) too.

What bug is that? Is that the 10 degree heading change issue?

Yes Asobo, Thanks for all the great work! Keep it up.

All 3 of the airliners.
The 320, mod or not.
I have tried with an empty community folder, or with things in it.
I’m also getting micro stutters, freezes, and after a bit CTD.
Never had any serious problems since day 1 (I pre-ordered)