Assigning controller settings to a specific aircraft (?)

Assigning controller settings to a specific aircraft (???)

Is it possible in MSFS to assign specific settings (own profiles) to a specific aircraft???
For example, when I get into the MD-82, I would like the appropriate profile of the VR controller, joystick, etc. to be loaded automatically.
So that I don’t have to change it every time in the equipment settings …

Not at this time sadly.
A quick search will find a wish list for this though.
Aircraft-specific control profiles - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

I’ve heard that SPAD.Next can do that. But it’s payware, and seems somewhat difficult to use, due to its comprehensive abilities.

Maybe a veteran SPAD user can chime in.

1 Like

There are plenty of preconfigured SPAD.neXt files in the internet (“Online Profiles”) which you can download into SPAD.neXt. No need to do the work yourself (except for a very exotic device). Some are for a complete controller (Saitek Pedals etc.) and some are for single buttons/axis only.

Another solution is the recent Aircraft Manager. There is a free trial available.

Plus, I think Lorby’s Axis and Ohs should be able to do this, too. While both of the first ones work for me, I never tried the latter myself, though.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your helpful advice. I’ll take a look at Aircraft Manager because it looks simple and has exactly what I need.
Configuring peripherals in MSFS is a killer (compared to other sims) :wink:

I looked at Aircraft Manager. It looks like you still have to create individual profiles in MSFS. The manager allows you to then assign presets to an aircraft. That’s certainly useful.

1 Like