Assigning throttle axis to collective twist grip

I have a VPC collective with throttle twist grip, and I would like to assign the B407 twist throttle on the collective to the physical VPC collective. I have tried to assign it to the “Throttle axis”, and “Set Helicopter throttle”, but they only adjust the full collective, not just the throttle.

4 Likes

Trying to set helo throttle to a secondary axis on my TM Warthog as well and it just won’t move

2 Likes

Same here with a simple X56. No matter wich of the helicopter throttles you try to bind, nothing happens.

1 Like

Same issue here. Cant get independent throttle control to map to ANYTHING on my t flight HOTAS one. I have the collective mapped to the throttle stick which feels the closest to realityand I was hoping to just use two buttons for throttle up and down.

Same problem for me. I have tried everything.

Also got the VPC collective but haven’t found the correct binding for the throttle so far. However, it seems to have no effect so far anyway (which would be disappointing if it’s true): [Official Discussion] Bell 407 - #46 by ur2tall

It is definitely a 407 issue. Go try the Cabri…it’s fun. There’s a new “helicopter throttle” axis, but some people said that the Cabri throttle can also be manipulated with the the “prop pitch” axis. Either way, the Cabri has a working throttle.

1 Like

The throttle seems to be mapped to the RPM control for some reason. If I bind it to the throttle it moves the collective, but if I turn the dial I have set for RPM for GA aircraft, it sets the throttle in the copter.

What do you mean RPM for GA, what axis assignment is it?

Same here with X56 HOTAS. The collective is fine but no throttle movement when assigned to any of the ‘Helicopter throttle axis’.

The 407 throttle does not seem to function as you would expect even with the mouse. Once you have moved the throttle to idle and started up the Rotor RPM continues to rise until it is in its normal operating range. Moving the throttle has little impact at all, it seems the governor just kicks in once it is started and therefore the throttle is somewhat redundant.

1 Like

Anyone found the correct mapping for Jetranger Twist grip throttle yet?
[EDIT:] could be prop pitch.

Find the command for RPM for regular aircraft and bind that to a key for your RPM, it works, the heli rpm command, doesnt seem to do anything but bind to the collective.

You can use the LVAR to assign the Bell’s throttle to an axis if you have AAO or Spad or equivalent, but it won’t work properly (just like it won’t work properly with mouse either).

The local variable is “L:CollectiveGrip, Percent”.

I cant get either my Collective axis or my throttle axis to work. The sensitivity shows it working correctly, but its either full up or down in the sim. Throttle is the same thing.

Same here, cant make the throttle axis to work properly in Bell, the other heli seems to work fine.

Trying to map it currently in the Cabri, no luck on my TMWH. I want full throttle with the left lever forward, but regardless if I map prop pitch/rpm or “set helicopter throttle axis” to it, it reacts to the input somehow, but then does what it wants to and returns to some value as if there was an automatic control on - which doesn’t happen if I just manipulate it with the mouse or VR controller. If I reverse the axis, it does the same, but way less as much and I actually get some control there, but it’s the wrong way and still acting up. Checked if it’s interfering with other mappings etc, all good.

Unless you disabled it (when spawning on runway or helipad) or didn’t activate it during startup (when cold and dark) automatic control is exactly what it has. The switch for it is at the end of the collective lever. That being said, it should revert to wherever the governor wants to put the throttle after you manipulate it with mouse too (no idea about VR).

Governor on is the normal procedure, unless you are starting from C&D or shutting down there should not be reason to touch it (the reasons why some people recommend getting a cheaper collective without a twist throttle if getting one, for many helicopters it’s quite marginal control).

1 Like

Figured this out on my own. Wasn’t expecting the governor to mess around with the actual twist grip, don’t even know if it should. I’d rather expect it to “govern” the RPM within limits, but not mess with the handle itself. At least it works :slight_smile:

Am I understanding you correctly, that you made a twist grip work for the throttle - not collective, in the Bell by assigning it to “govern”?