Assistance Options Not Saving

This is happening to my system as well post SU7. I hope they fix this soon as it’s driving me crazy!

Additionally, every time I get an update to my Aerosoft CRJ packages (installed from Marketplace) they fail. I then have to delete all CRJ packages within content manager, exit and restart sim and re-install. Can’t Microsoft get anything correct

Can’t Asobo get anything correct?

1 Like

Same sh… Asobo can`t get anything basic done correctly or even tested it seems.

same happens on #xbox

I have been seeing this issue recently also.

INDEED…

2 Likes

I also have this problem. The only thing I did was updade of G1000NXI in Content Manager. I didn’t check the assistance options before the update but noticed just after that.

Just done the same

Defo something to do with the content manager

An update: this problem still exists and is intermittent. Some times it saves my assistance settings but most times it does not and I can’t figure out why, they default back to Easy most times I start up the sim (oddly all of my graphics and control settings are saved no problem). I have logged out and back into both Xbox app and the ms store app. I have run the sim in administrator mode and normal mode. I have no CTDs that would interrupt how it shuts down when I end a session. This isn’t a huge problem of course but it’s an annoyance when I thought one of the earlier sim updates was supposed to fix this. The only thing I have not done is to totally delete the sim and re-install but I am considering that step given the annoyance of this bug. I don’t understand how the graphics and controls settings are all saved but the assistance settings are not….you would think they should be part of the same user configuration file somewhere but apparently not, or somehow that file is corrupted just for the assistance settings portion.

1 Like

Well, let’s hope Asobo notices this and fixes it…

1 Like

I’m having a somewhat similar issue. The ATC panel and VFR map setting keep getting turned on. I’ll turn them off, save and it will be fine for 1 or 2 flights. After that they keep turning on, along with other toolbar items that don’t even have that option turning on.

2023, still nothing’s changed…

1 Like

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No and no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No. Other posts suggest this isn’t relevant to the bug.

Brief description of the issue:

Ever so often the assistance settings are all reset back to easy mode. On my first one or two flights on SU13 this didn’t happen, but has just happened to me again today with no sim updates. There were also occasional bug reports of this on the forums logged as “fixed on live” when I searched for other bug reports, but is still happening.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Seems to happen at random

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Don’t know which version I first saw this, but the most recent occurrence was build 1.34.16.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes but there are no steps to reproduce as it happens randomly every few months or so. The app is started and the first I knew of the issue was in external view with all the HUD elements now visible. Yesterday (12th Oct) was the latest occurrence for me. This has been a bug for many builds and is still present in 1.34.16.0

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The same thing happened to me today. after running the simulator, I saw that a window pops up, as if I installed it for the first time at all, and that all my settings went wrong and I had to configure everything again, all the controls and graphics. Version 1.34.16.0. Maybe it’s time for you to listen to sensible users, and make a file like in P3D to save the settings, and not talk this nonsense about your stupid cloud, for which there is no hope.
With respect.

Thankfully I haven’t had it that bad, only the assistance settings were changed. My other settings like graphics and control profiles were left intact.

Apparently my thread on the resetting of the assistance settings was merged here. Has it been confirmed that this is the same bug? I ask because the OP of this thread reports the assistance settings resetting all the time and is not even reported as logged, but my bug report was that it only happens at random. In fact, I would say they are saved properly 99% of the time.

No your post should not have been merged as you correctly state the issue is not the same. Can the moderators please undo this merge?

If you read some additional posts of the OP, he mentioned that this issue also happens randomly:
Post #8:

Post #29:

Here’s the way I see it.

If it’s happening every time, that could be something like a corrupted file on a users system related to installation.

Most of the reports happen immediately after getting a sim update, which could be related to a bug within the updating process.

If it’s happening at random, it could be something else glitching.

Lumping similar but not necessarily related bugs into one thread seems like it would muddle the investigation. Especially when new reports are merged into a 2 year old thread that isn’t getting any more comments about the OP’s problem. Presumably that particular bug no longer exists.