AT Simulations Focke-Wulf P.149 Issue after SU7

Hi,

I haven’t flown the P.149D since the SU7.

Today I did and I noticed something weird. If I switch the view inside the cockpit, like if I look left and then back at the i stringent panel, I suddenly see all the switches and some of the instrument hands double. If I then switch to external view and back to cockpit view it’s back to normal. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Thanks

Well it’s been almost a year since it was last updated so really it’s a miracle it works at all.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right. But it’s a shame. I mean first of all that thing cost 25€ so I don’t think it’s to much to expect them to keep it going in the sim or? Secondly it is a lot of fun to fly but those bugs just kill the immersion for me.

I sent them an email too. Not getting my hopes up to much though

I’d love to see it updated more than anyone, I absolutely loved it but as you said the bugs are too annoying for me. I guess it’s not even the bugs just the lack of care by the developer to fix them and instead move on to the next product.

Alex posted a long comment on his Facebook page a couple of weeks ago. Long story short, updates are coming – for the P.149 and the Cri-Cri. He hasn’t forgotten us.

For those who didn’t know – he was hired by Asobo to develop an Antonov An-3 for them (at least I think it was the An-3…), which is where he’s been all this time, but they ran into legal difficulties with Antonov itself, and things ground to a halt.

2 Likes

I knew about the AN-2 and from the videos I saw it looked really nice. It is unfortunate that it got put on hold. Hopefully they can get the Piaggio updated and from the looks of it, it’s happening.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that. But that sounds promising then.

I’m sad to hear about the Antonov problems I was looking forward to it. As for me, a few weeks ago, I dusted off the P.149 for a few flights seeing the landmarks in Germany, and it worked pretty much as it had last time I flew it several months before, ie pretty good, but a couple of small bugs (i.e ADF needle not pointing to the beacon when tuned to it.

Following latest update SU7 with hotfix have lost throttle on P149. Works fine on other add-ons.

Bind your throttle axis to engine 1. Apparently there is a bug (shocker) with planes that use custom animations for the throttle. Just another fine example of that Asobo quality control at work.

Thanks for the advice. But while thy work if I fly the PMDG DC-6 as well or will I have to change assignments between planes?