ATC, VFR, etc. windows don't remember their last position after latest patch

Just a minor issue here but I noticed that after the latest patch, any window you open (VFR, ATC, camera, etc.) goes right to the middle of the screen. You can still move them while in-flight and they will remember their position, but only for the remainder of the flight. Once you start a new flight they will default to the center again.

It wasn’t like that before. Minor annoyance but please fix it.

Same problem here, just upvoted.

I don’t agree that it’s a minor issue, tho. It’s pretty time-consuming and irksome to have to put all the toolbar windows back in place for every single new flight. :grin:

Same problem here. I’m on a 1440p Ultrawide and it always moves the ATC window back to the top left middle (I assume top left if I was on a regular widescreen). I normally keep it stuffed up in the upper right corner.

It’s not a minor annoyance. It is idiotic.

Who in their right mind would place a window directly in front of the pilot, thus blocking his view?

Absolutely crazy.

2 Likes

I just noticed recently that you don’t have to end a flight and start a new one to lose your menu tools configuration locations, just pressing esc button to go to change settings etc will do the job, bingo here we go from scratch again.

This issue sadly continues with the latest build, so annoying.

2 Likes

Sim Update 2 didn’t solve this issue, either; the problem persists.

Correct. I tried after the patch and the issue is still present.

25 votes don’t attract their attention.

I’m a member of avsim and I can also post this on the Steam forums so people can come here and vote. I suppose that with the other multitude of issues, most people don’t really notice this one as it’s relatively minor.

I just don’t figure how Asobo can so suddenly break something minor or major, which has been working perfectly since day one.

1 Like

Hello

This is my first post here, apologies if I’ve made an error posting here.

I have an issue whereby my undocked windows (on several monitors) positioning is not remembered when I start a new flight. Specifically the VFR map right now.

Also another refresh issue.
Open navllog on separate window/monitor.
Go to general → Options → Accessibility → Minimum Text Size - Make it large.
Apply the settings

What happens/Bug…

Text goes tiny in the navlog window

Workaround

Expand the window a tiny amount.

This was broken in WU II, USA, since then we have had this pesky bug and seems like nobody is interested. Each time I fly, I waste good deal of time bringing the tool windows into my fav positions.

1 Like

Yeah, even though it’s a minor issue it’s becoming very annoying. This and the mouse pointer jumping around when you right click on things with a 4k monitor.

It shouldn’t be that hard, all these windows were remembering their positions when the sim was first released. The thing was working fine.

1 Like

Bug is reported:
Request #149406 [UI][Sub][Windows] - Internal Windows don’t adapt location/position to resized window

Game Version:
(MS Store) - Digital

Developer Mode:
No

Build Version:
It’s old bug, but even in beta SU8 appear.

Description:
When user set-up subWindows close to the corners.

After,

(Before starting next flight)

• Change Screen Resolution
  • Modify Game windowr Resolution

And then run next flight.

Location of controls is “outside” of SimWindow or cuted.

ScreenShoot:

Look at the red rectangle.

Fixed as of Sim Update 10: [RELEASE] Release Notes (1.27.21.0) Sim Update 10