[ATR 42/72] EFB incorrect weight calculation

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

not mod related

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

ATR 42/72

Brief description of the issue:

After entering weight figures (ZFW, fuel), the calculated total weight is correct, but after clicking “start loading”, weights don’t match: ZFW + fuel does not match with the calculated gross weight

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

atr_load.gif - Google Drive

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to “Payload” EFB page
click “Load aircraft”
input desired Zero Fuel Weight and Fuel
Note that the Gross weight figure is correct
click “Start Loading”
the Gross weight updates with a lower weight

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

I am having this issue with version 1.0.36 released 18JAN2024.

I have removed all mods except Navigraph and the ATR.

On the Flight Plan tab of the EFB I’ve clicked “Import OFP”, “Set Flight Plan”, “Set Fuel” & "Set Payload’

However, the Zero Fuel Weight value on the EFB states “33252”, yet nowhere in the OFP, itself, is that value found. The EST ZFW in the OFP is “33814”. (I have verified that the airframe profile on SimBrief is using the same weight values for the empty airframe, crew, passenger weight, etc.)

Screenshot 2024-01-19 090929

Then, when looking at the MFD PERF page, the values do not match what the EFB has imported for the OFP:

Then, when choosing to enter the weights manually via the Payload tab of the EFB, the ZFW & FOB weights on the MFD PERF page still do not correlate with what was entered:

Yes I do.

Using the “flightplan simbrief” tab also creates strange results. The actual Gross Weight in the default “weights and balance” screen is off by almost 5000 lbs.

1 Like

Is that the same issue that has been fixed in an earlier version ?:

There is also that topic about an issue when importing data from simbrief but not sure it is the same than the OP:

Does this also happen with the payloads set to KG?

I tired it with both KG and LBS and experienced the same issue.

I went back to SimBrief and altered both my airframe profile from LBS to KG (I’m in the USA) and regenerated the OFP with KG.

I saw the same problem manifested.

1 Like

Just adding my two posts in here referencing this problem and findings

3 Likes

I’m now again using the method which worked well for me before the update.

I import the flight from simbrief, I then press SET FLIGHTPLAN / SET FUEL / PAYLOAD
Checking the simulator weights and balances show, that it actually did make changes to the weights. I then initialize the weights on the FMC → Init and proceed to fill out all other FMC sections.

There are small discrepancies, but overall it is close enough (for me at least).

But, I would still hope that this is being looked at so that the actual EFB load aircraft function can be used and that all numbers are the same across systems.