ATR 42 / 72 hydraulic press. and some electricals go out after landing when engine IDLE

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

none

Brief description of the issue:

After landing in the ATR 42 and 72, when returning the engines to IDLE, hydraulic pressure goes out along with some electricals until I bring engines back up to some power. I don’t know if this is supposed to happen or not.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Land the aircraft, stop, and return the engines to IDLE.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

After using reverse thrust electrics and hydraulics shut off when throttles in idle.

2 Likes

I JUST experienced this! Staying tuned!

2 Likes

I’ve written up a bug that has a similar behavior. The HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST keybind, when activated, doesn’t allow the throttles to move to reverse, but also seems to place the engines in the same state as moving the Condition lever to FTR — the same hydraulics and electrical warnings come on.

2 Likes

Yes

My HOTAS does not hot a reverse system, so I have my throttle idling at 0 and have set a button do decrease the throttle past to the reverse point. Not sure this is relevant, but may be. Behavior as others have described: * Land * Move throttle to idle * Wait for Lo Pitch indicator * Move into reverse… at this point all sort of lights start to blink in the screens saying I have lost hydraulics and generators, etc. same behavior as if I had just move the propellers to the “below auto” setting, or maybe even in the “fuel cutoff” setting. Airplanes loses ability to break also (since there is no power or hydraulics)

1 Like

Yes

NP drops below 62% sometimes when cycling out of reverse, causing ACW generators to go offline briefly. Suggest improving the beta/reverse behavior in the flight dynamics.

1 Like

Yes

the bug remains

Same problem happened to me today. After landing when throttles to idle all Hyd failed. WHY ?

1 Like

Yes, after a landing the hydraulic part/lights fail and they only work again if the engine power is much higher than at idle

Continues even after update 1.0.20. ATR-72 600

Yes

Certainly if you reduce thrust to idle the landing and taxi lights extinguish, also if you move condition lever to feather.

I had the same problem yesterday. But the hydralics didn’t get back after moving power up or cycling CL from auto to feather. It was as if something really broke. I wonder if it was too using reverse at low speed. Luckly remembered to activate parking break.

this is still an issue for me too…Hans Hartmann special

Yes

hydraulic pressure for blue and green systems show “lopr” from start-up. Once I start engines and give power, then i get the pressure and electricals. I’m using version 1.0.31 and tested with NO add-ons installed

Happened to me as well today. Apparently the ACW Gen only work with prop rpm above a certain threshold (70%). Not sure if that is modelled to true life.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using the templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

YES

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

ATR 42/72

Brief description of the issue:

at a load of Aircraft whether cold and dark or at what should be ready to fly on the runway. there are no green or blue hyd systems only the aux hyd is active. also, the ACW 1+2 is in a fault state .

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

No steps are needed to reproduce. problem is present at the load of the ATR 42/72

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

x5800x3d
4070ti
32gb ram
4tb m.2 ssd

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

i am currently @ 1.34.16 but this just updated today

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

I’m guessing you are in the Beta for SU13 ?

If yes, please see this post : Hydraulics while flying the ATR 42/72-600 - #16 by doorslammer74

Yes

Add engine power = HYD pressure, sit at ground idle for 30 seconds = no pressure

Happening on public release of SU13

Same for me

Good morning,

The problem has been reported : ATR: Idle problem with SU13 Beta

But it is not only in the Beta, but in the public as well. I have that same issue and I have calibrated my throttles.

1 Like