ATR 42 / 72 hydraulic press. and some electricals go out after landing when engine IDLE

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Also when engines are runing, If I go to idle looks like aircraft loses power making hidraulics for example and taxi lights to turn off. I remember to fly this a/c a time ago with no issues. Please fix it, I love this plane so much

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello. I have the same issue, but there’s a workaround:

1. Start a new flight, but set the starting departure location to a runway.
  2. After the flight loads, retract flaps and shutdown the ATR’s engines.
  3. Next, use GSX (or an equivalent) to reposition the aircraft to a gate.
    When restarting the ATR’s engines, the idle will stay above the required min %.
    The downside here is that you have to do this for each new flight. :frowning:

Most excellent! I’ll give that a go. Been driving me nuts…

It does not work. As long as the external power supply is switched on, the system has enough power. But as soon as this is disconnected , we have the usual error by idle trottle settings not enough power.
Really sad.

Hi all,

I find a solution for this.
I redefined my Airbus TCA Throttle setting in the calibration options on the tablet.
Redefined my idle position. As I was setting the idle I was pulled back on both throttle axis slightly at idle without going into reverse. Then Validate. So the ground idle will be a bit higher around 67%NP for me.
The Hydraulic pressure problem occurs when the NP drops below 65% for me.
So now it is raised to 67-70% and the issue is gone.

Hope it will help for someone.

2 Likes

Yes, came up with the same work around :slight_smile: : [August 24, 2023] Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 Update 1.0.31 - #464 by FlyHukken

1 Like

Nice work around, but unfortunately when I want to relax on my couch and play on xbox, the throttle position trick won’t work. Funny I bought this plane a while ago and was just getting into it, and I was really digging into the start up procedures, only to find this bug. Guess it’ll go back in the hangar again for now. =(

There is mention in the dev update of a fix for the next build (good news)

Verified fixed in v1.0.36.