ATR-72 from MilViz Revealed today! (Update: Project on hold)

Just to be sure… Aerosoft/Asobo have nothing to do with this project.

1 Like

This is another project

And Asobo don’t work with Aerosoft for his ATR. Just with Hans Hartmann :wink:

3 Likes

Isn’t that they do the 3d model, animations, and sound?

Krazycolin = MilViz building one ATR
Asobo and Hans Hartman building a second one. So Asobo has nothing to do with MilViz’s ATR.

2 Likes

Ohhh my apologies, I misunderstood.

Textures look that they have been imported from FS9….

1 Like

Yes, I see what you mean.

I am guessing though that it’s early days and that there will be plenty of refinements to come. If the final textures are anything like the Corsair then that will be okay with me. I think there was a compromise there for fps performance which I think worked out quite well. To me the Corsair looked good and was a very performance friendly AC.

1 Like

The textures were incorrectly applied. This has been rectified.

1 Like

Can we expect a release this year?

1 Like

Keep up the good work! Really looking forward to it :smiley:

Thanks for letting us know, I just dont want another VirtualCol plane in the marketplace that was a rubbish imported aircraft that has a mixed bag of systems and flight dynamics.

I did say no pics till the speeling mistakes were fixed…

4 Likes

You think this year?

1 Like

Those speeling mistakes will sneak up on you! Beautiful plane though, looking forward to it.

My most anticipated plane, I will have faith and believe it is releasing this year hahaha but take your time! Release a quality product and you will swim in our money <3

The project is on hold for now, seems unlikely that it will ever be released.

1 Like

From WIP to RIP

4 Likes

Well they stopped also XP
And P3D no more news ,
Glad they stopped for MSFS , can’t wait for Asobo

I wonder if they ever planned to release it fully , but anyways its done !

1 Like

Good decision by Blackbird. Now they can focus their complete attention on the Huey and 737-200 which will be amazing from them.

2 Likes

Oh for ■■■■’s sake…

This sort of thing is exactly why people tend to get upset with developers: they announce projects with great enthousiasm, you look forward to a thing for more than a year and they pull the plug on it.

Just because someone else is doing a particular aircraft, shouldn’t mean that you can’t make yours. After all, how many A320’s have we seen for the current sims? That market is very saturated.

Even if the MS ATR is decent, I’d probably still buy the Milviz one because it’s most likely better. And let’s be honest here: there’s no real timeframe to go on anyway. For all they know, the MS ATR is another year out.

I get that they don’t want to invest oodles of money in case the MS ATR turns out SO AMAZING it’ll sour the entire ATR market, but I honestly don’t see that happening.

Grr. Here’s hoping they’ll use their time and money wisely to get that 732 to market soon.

3 Likes