ATR-72 from MilViz Revealed today! (Update: Project on hold)

Yes, as I recall an ATR 72 600 was also abandoned for Xplane 11 after a kickstarter campaign failed to reach a target value of around 27k (???) Canadian dollars.

1 Like

Milviz/Blackbird made the MS DC-3. Hasn’t anyone thought that it’s Milviz/Blackbird who are actually making the MS ATR?

No, because it’s Hans Hartmann.

We didn’t make the DC-3. We did make the DHC-2 Beaver.

1 Like

My apologies, of course the MS DC-3 was by Aeroplane Heaven.

1 Like

It releases in march according to the roadmap if I am not mistaken

2 Likes

Sure, and I also really enjoyed flying the Antonov AN-2, which released late february last year according to the february 17th development roadmap…

You’ve been here long enough to know that a LOT of things can change in three months. I’m optimistic - but I’m also not writing that date in stone. If they can’t accurately predict a release the same month, well, I’m not holding my breath that the march estimate for the ATR is correct.

It would be nice if it did though. Anxious to get my hands on a halfway decent regional turboprop…

1 Like

? I don’t know what the AN-2 has to do with the ATR, not even the same team developing it.

1 Like

The point isn’t the AN-2 - the point is: ‘don’t put too much faith in estimates you see on the roadmap, as they’re not always accurate’. :smiley:

1 Like

…Yeah, I sure love that EFB in my 737 that we got 6 months ago. And 4 months ago. And 2 months ago. Oh. Wait. No. :wink: Well I’m sure I’ll love it in two months from now anyway. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not buying it unless they had the atr 72 200 models so I could fly the old cockpit doing some American routes

The AN-2 was a unique case and isn’t comparable – in that case, Antonov itself pulled back their authorization to use their IP and MS/Asobo had to begin a new round of negotiations. There was no issue with the plane itself, or its development.

There’s no sign whatsoever that Airbus or Leonardo have raised any objections w/r/t the ATR-72.

1 Like