ATR-72 from MilViz Revealed today! (Update: Project on hold)

What seems to be a “”““study level””“” (you know how it goes) ATR for MSFS has been revealed today! It looks promising, perfect for jumps around the Canary Islands as Binter :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Interesting. I thought Asobo was making this exact model?

3 Likes

Asobo works with Aerosoft and they will release it next year. Maybe milviz is faster.

Asobo works on 42 and 72 Freighter and Passenger versions :wink:

As far as I know, Aerosoft is not involved. Microsoft’s ATR is simply developed by Hans Hartmann who developed the CRJ for Aerosoft, but he’s working on the ATR as a freelancer, having been at the helm of the ATR by Flight One back in FSX times.

Anyway, Milviz is known for quality, so I have high hopes for this one.

8 Likes

Ah ok, my take was based on that article.

1 Like

I imagine they got confused when they heard he worked on the crj. They’re not the only ones. Aerosoft clarified a few days after that They’re not involved.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this. Be nice to do some hops from Guernsey into the UK. Hopefully there’s a nice Guernsey scenery coming soon to go with it!

I don’t know anything about the ATR’s technical side but Milviz have nailed the King Air on spot after some initial release hurdles. They acknowledged and admitted their problems openly and as far as I am aware they bounded with some King Air pilots who came to their forum to point out the problems and now we have an amazing aircraft. If they do/did the same with the ATR (before a problematic release) we can expect a really great addon once again.

3 Likes

It is good to hear that, I did not know the company but now I have high expectations. This is one of the planes I am looking forward the most. From the pictures it seems development is pretty advanced, hope we see it released in 2021.

They dont work with Aerosoft, but with Hans Hartmann who did the CRJ for Aerosoft. Aerosoft stated a while ago and explicitly mentioned “The ATR is not an Aerosoft projject”.

Oops, Abriel already mentioned it. :slight_smile:

We haven’t seen any „modern“ type aircraft with a lot of system depth yet so it‘s hard to tell what to expect. But their Kingair 350 has a great turboprop simulation and a wonderfully modelled and feature rich Collins PL21 on board. Sound, modelling and animations are superb. I haven‘t tried their Corsair so I can‘t speak about their MSFS quality but in P3D they have become a great developer.

1 Like

Agreed.

I hope they bring the King Air 350 to MSFS as well.

Once again, 2 devs working on the exact same airplane. Seems like it happens every time.

My money is on the asobo ATR, the flight1 ATR was pretty good for its time.

Also, Milviz has a habbit of keeping products in development for years, just look at their KA350. Milviz also worked in the ATR for xplane but abandoned it.

Milviz also showed dev. pics of a vintage WW2 twin pax aircraft (forgot the name)for MSFS. Previews were shown around the time MSFS released, and thats now over a year ago. In the previews the airplane seemed to be close to release.

Perhaps the ATR will be here in 2-3 years.

1 Like

I’ll wait for asobo one. Not even considering milviz ATR, it looks like a port from FSX or something. Besides asobo one will be cheaper i guess. Don’t care if it will have less system depth, my money will go to asobo.

2 Likes

I will probably end up buying both hahaha

2 Likes

Excellent! Absolute excellent. The more alluring the virtual fleet of highest quality study level planes becomes and grows the more fans and simmers will come on board, and the better the reputation of the marketplace will become.

1 Like

First of all, MilViz is known for quality. Not to say that the Microsoft one won’t be good, but…

They also stated that this will be the glass cockpit one and they also plan to do the steam gauge one later.

Either way, this will be Day 1 purchase for me! Can’t wait.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for your review!

I will also buy it as soon as I read the reviews, I am from the Canary Islands and I grew up flying in the ATR-72 that fly between the islands with Binter, it was my most anticipated plane after airliners.

1 Like

Funny, basically the same reason for me wanting this aircraft is to fly between the Canary Islands. And the PMDG 737NG so I can fly Transavia there.

1 Like