ATR Bug Closed with Version Number Earlier than Current Version?

I’m confused.

This bug was just closed and it is stated “Fix verified in 1.06.”

ATR Toggle Reverse Thrust & Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust not Working - Bug Reports / Resolved - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The version that is current is 1.08.

Does this mean that both Toggle AND Hold reverse thrust will both be working in the next release or is this an error? Does this mean the bug never existed, according to the developer, and it worked in an earlier version?

Please clarify, thank you!

To be fair, the bug was introduced in the latest version - Reverse thrust worked absolutely fine up until then… so whilst I don’t think that’s the intention of the person who incorrectly closed an issue which is still present in the currently released version… I suppose technically it may be accurate.

Current version is not working correctly, it is virtually impossible to get the thrust reversers to work correctly, with the visual representation of the lever in the correct place, and without the aircraft tail striking under deceleration using reverse thrust.

None of these things were an issue in the original update, but have been introduced by the changes made in the last update.

Please can this be rolled back to its previous state, where the decrease throttle command from idle engaged reversers - this approach works consistently across most aircraft, and worked on this aircraft too prior to the update.

If toggle reverse thrust and or hold reverse thrust is also supported, then please can it be implemented in a way which is clear and straightforward, and IS TESTED and demonstrated using some of the more common throttle quadrants in use, such as the Honeycombe Bravo and the Turtle Beach velocity One Yoke and Throttle Quadrant.

1 Like

I disagree with you here.

I have a Thrustmaster TCA Boeing throttle quadrant, which has reverse levers that, when lifted, HOLD a button down. Therefore, they are meant to work with the “HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST” keybind.

That has never worked on the ATR – not in the original release and not in the currently available release.

EDIT: Let me add, too, that I hear an audible click when I activate HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST via the levers on my throttle quadrant. However, the reverse levers on the throttles in the sim remain in the forward thrust position and when I move the throttles on my quadrant the throttles in the sim go forward rather than backward.

See:

@NixonRedgrave,
This has been reopened:

1 Like

Thank you.

However after a test flight (I feel like I’m Chuck Yeager of the simulator world…) of the ATR, I determined that Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust is actually functioning, but the in-sim throttle animation would indicate it is not working. The animation shows the throttles do not engage the reverse thrust levers nor do they move in the direction of reverse thrust, but functionally reverse thrust is applied at the propellers/engines.

See:

OK.
So the report just reopened actually is resolved, it’s just the animation? If so, I’ll let the team know this.

1 Like

Correct.

I tested both the Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust and Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust functions.

In the case of Toggle, the animation and reverse function are correct.

In the case of Hold, the animation is 100% incorrect, but function is correct.

I hope that makes sense. The video illustrates the animation of each type (Hold and then Toggle). It is plainly clear how anyone observing the throttles during the configuration/setup operation would think that Hold was not going to work.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll push https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/atr-hold-throttle-reverse-thrust-throttle-animation-wrong/593773 up.

EDIT: Has been logged.

2 Likes