ATR EFB always dark

Unfortunately this does not help me, I deleted everything and reinstalled. Not a single file is in my community folder and it still does not work :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Tirola1 what about your CPU and AVX versions?

What should be with that ?
I have all the necessary requirements, all drivers are up to date and my ticket was closed by Microsoft because the product was not finished programming under Steam. Their answer was: The ticket will be closed and a patch will be delivered later. But no time when it should come. Greetings

1 Like

If it doesnt work can i please get a refund not going to replace cpu to play a ÂŁ10 plane

after ATR update the same 
all monitors dark

Gentlemen
 Please see this thread

1 Like

Hi

Finally I changed the processor and so I can use AVX. i9 990X to I7 12700 with MSI board. AVX emulation did not work unfortunately.
Now everything works also Volocopter and A310 without CTD

That is exactly the problem I have too. However, for me the plane worked for about 8 days as expected, and than stopped working today only.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yep, whats worse is that the plane was working fine up until a few days ago.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If I load completely dark, it does not work.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have recently built a new PC and installed Windows 11 and the latest version on MSFS from the GamePass store. I have been having issues with the 3rd party aircraft I had previously used without issue on my old system. On the FBW A320 the batteries show 00.0v and I am unable to start the aircraft from ground power. I also have a similar issue with the Fenix A320 at the same airport gate.

I have since purchased the Asobo ATR 72 which I have just installed and unfortunately I am having the same issue. No ground power available, no charge in the batteries, unable to turn on the EFB and radios so unable to request GPU to attend.

I was able to start the engines by clicking ALT-E and they fire up but nothing powers up on the flight deck at all.

I have tested all these scenarios at different airports, with an empty community folder, save for that particular aircraft. I have re-installed and updated both Windows and MSFS on a number of occasions and also deleted my MSFS profile, all to no avail.

I have tested with a couple of default aircraft such as the A320 and they appear to work OK.

I previously had a few 3d party add ons installed such as a couple of airports and GSX, but none of these have been re-installed at present.

I hope someone can help as I am really at a loss now.

I have confirmed my processor supports AVX and have enabled it in the command line and restarted but still getting the black screens and no ground power available.

Thanks
Matthew

Yes

EFB is off, no ground power available, unable to turn on batteries. Pressing ALT-E starts the engines, but instruments remain dark

The PMDGs are flying <3 So are the ATR, A310, and Headwind

But Fenix is not working
 “Unable to connect” written on the EFB".
Now FBW A320, and Leonardo which EFB was gone, is going to be checked.
I use MFS Addon collector and only insert the scenery used
 And it look like this is one of the problems
 I uinstalled GAIST until a new update.

1 Like

I have the same issue of black screen, all avionics turned off. same thing on VoloCity. maybe that is the problem. I already unistall and re install via content manager the VoloCity but nothing changes

Does VoloCity aircraft works to you? Mine doesn’t and also the ATR. But at least ATR have engine started and I can fly, flap and engine work, but avionics is “black”.

2 Likes

Hy Trony

All Planes works by me now but only the ATR is death and dark.
After the MSFS Update all my default Planes donÂŽt work, all Displays and Navigationsystems was dark.
This Update installed by me the extended Versions from the GPS Navigation Systems. Cessna 172, also the A320 Fly by wire dont work now. I had deinstalled the extended versions from the GPS and all Planes have Navigationsystem again. They worked but not the ATR !!.

About the ATR JayDee answered me and wrote me:
if you have an old PC and your processor can’t do AVX then the ATR doesn’t work at the moment but there should be an update sometime so that old processors will work with the aircraft.

what concerns the VoloCity that I do not know because I have not flown more

I hope this could help you
Greetings Tirola

Thanks for your answer. Well I just introduced the Volocity because I have a readme.txt along with the Atr that says Volocity must be installed.
Have you tried recently the volocity/volocopter? Maybe its related. By the way I have found another version of atr72 on another site that works on me. Honestly I don’t know if really is a hardware problem. Only with this aircraft or a bunch of them? Weird. :blush:

1 Like

Hello again

The Volocity / Volocopter is included by default in MSFS.
It was added with a MSFS update.
These Microsoft MSFS updates are ■■■■, you get planes that no one flies anyway and when you sit in the A310-300 that is also included for free and start the game, the PC crashes. It’s a great update. Bravo Microsoft, you guys did a great job. No one needs such flawed, half-■■■■■ products or half-■■■■■ updates. But maybe the A310 just doesn’t work because I have an old PC whose processor don®t supports AVX because it’s too old like the ATR 72-600. very funny that the free A320 Flybywire plane, which is actually the same plane as the A310, manages to do this perfectly without errors and is also well simulated. The PC does not crash with this plane.but anyway.

I just installed the new update.
Just tried it out. All standard aircraft work.

The Volocity doesn’t work for me either. It also has a black screen no matter where you launch it. in the air, on the runway or in park position.
I suspect this is also due to the update. Will probably only support new PC’s where it is not noticeable because it works there. If you have an old PC you’re ■■■■■■ up.

My ATR was uninstalled by this update, also very strange.
I have now reinstalled the ATR ingame by Steam.
The ATR still does not work, same error as before. All screens are black. Not a good product in my eyes. Other manufacturers also launch planes and they work with older processors, funny how they get it to work without problems and hours of troubleshooting and reinstalling etc. I would return it if I still could, but time has already run out for ingame purchases on Steam. Too bad

Will have to wait for an update that works, whenever that will be. Maybe never !!! The main thing is to throw money out the window, they like to collect it !!!

These broken updates and this broken plane cost me the last nerves what i have.

Since you already have no desire to fly because you never know what today again does not work when an update comes

Greetings Tirola

3 Likes

Thanks by sharing your situation. You are right under many aspects. At least dev or whoever manages msfs knows about these issues and common denominators that maybe can help them for future updates. :wink:

Msfs support has replied to me the following:
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

I personally had this issue with the Volocopter when it was released and only way to resolve it, was to reinstall the whole Sim.
CPU with AVX is not required to run the Sim.

Regarding the issue with ATR, this bug is logged in our system and developers of the plane are investigating it. We are not able to say any ETA when the next update for ATR is coming and what bug fixes it will include.

Kind regards,

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to let you know how I fixed my issue, that was affecting the ATR, Fenix, FBW and the Headwind A330.

I noticed there were no SimConnect entries in the MSFS status report, so I did a search for SimConnect.CFG files on my PC and I found an edited one with an expired static IP address from a historic installation of Plan-G on my old PC in my OneDrive documents that had synced to my C:. Once I permanently deleted that and restarted everything worked again :slightly_smiling_face:

Might not be relevant anyone else’s issues, but worth double checking.

Thanks
Matthew