ATR - Generate Flight Plan from World Map

Hello,

I find it very surprising for an Asobo “Expert series” aircraft not to have the possibility of automatically integrating a flight plan from the game’s world map or from an external one (like Simbrief).

It is very penalizing for us amateurs, who do not master the FMS well. Please add this possibility.

Hoping that this request is heard, I hope that I did not make a mistake of category of forum.

Yes, I understand that they don’t support a third party solution (Simbrief) but we should be able to import a loaded MSFS flightplan at least !

10 Likes

Yes… supporting MSFS flight plan just makes sense!

4 Likes

Actually, you can import simbrief flightplans, unfortunately it is not documented.

Integrating the world map planning into custom systems is just not possible right now. Neither PMDG, CRJ, FENIX, etc. support this. As all these are using custom systems and not the default system.

1 Like

Yeah this was desired on crj too and whether it’s possible or not it never happened so i think the chance of it happening for atr is almost zero.

They should give the option to either Import from as 3rd party like Simbrief or make it work with the world map flight planning tool

1 Like

My PMDG DC-6 supports the flight plan being made in the world map and loads it onto the garmin?

I’m annoyed this feature doesn’t work on the ATR as just using an Xbox controller, it’s hard to navigate the FMC etc to input waypoints

That it will be hard to work trough a FMC with a controller should have been clear from day1.
I suggest you connect a mouse and keyboard anyway.

The DC6, afaik, uses the default GPS, so yes, world map will work, as it doesnt have any FMC/navigation system.

1 Like

you say you can import simbrief? Fancy telling us how?

2 Likes

Unfortunately the CRJ format is not quite the same for the ATR. So the Approach will not be recognized by the FMC.

Solution until Simbrief adds the ATR to it’s export list is to edit the *.FLP:

depending on the approach change

IRwyArrFINAL=I06 into RwyArrFINAL=ILS06
IRwyArrFINAL=L06 into IRwyArrFINAL=LOC06
IRwyArrFINAL=R06 into IRwyArrFINAL=RNV06

or enter the approach manually into the FMC.

1 Like

yeah as said below your comment that doesnt fully work as in most cases half of the flight plan will be missed off, hopefully navigraph will soon release the correct format for simbrief downloader

I don’t. No ‘Expert’ tier aircraft has. It’s still a good idea to set one up in the default tool though so ATC recognises your flightplan.

As for Simbrief, give it chance, the thing’s only been out a few days.

1 Like

Not quite true as BA 146 can, but regardless it’s still a little odd that an Asobo controlled aircraft cannot integrate with its own flight planner, i mean you can excuse these third party companies but an in house aircraft ( yes i know created by an outside person for asobo) is just silly

That’s like a company building an electric car and a charger but they wont work together without an adapter

Flybywire does too but in my experience it doesn’t embed very well at all. Some wild loops round way points, duplication etc. And SIDS and STARS… facepalm. I’ve had way more success just entering it myself or using Simbrief.

Was wondering if it was easy to make a flight plan like it is for Asobo A320neo.

Wy are Planes offered or sponsored by MS, that are not able to use MSFS features !?!?
I want to create a detailed flight plan with MSFS and with loading the Plane i selected the Flightplan
should be loaded directly into the FMCDU ! And then i want to use the MSFS ATC to do my flight.
I dont want to buy several external featured to use my MSFS in an orderly way.
They are offering a flight planning feature !! And also a functional ATC.
Why will these featured not be supported !!

6 Likes

You can still plan the flight through the FMS and have the default ATC.

Hello Simmers…regarding FP integratrion to ATR serie, I am asking why Microsoft can sell, even as reduced price, a plane not completely finalized. I really don’t understand ! At least if it was beta version free of charge, nobody have to complain, but they charge us…I sent ticket to Microsoft and I receive the following answer which is for me unacceptable …
"Hi jacques,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

These are known issues with the aircraft and the team responsible for it, is investigating and fixing these issues.

We are not able to give any ETA when the next update will be pushed for ATR to fix these (or any other) issues this aircraft is currently having.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team"

Thank you Microsoft Team for not carefully verifying the product before selling it. I need the complete refund until the good product will be released. Thank you for reading me. Jacques

1 Like

Voted, I also wish this functionality was there. Either the plane or the World Map should be updated to make flight plans “compatible”.

It’s silly really. The more I use Simbrief the less I understand why some planes can’t recognize the World Map. The route part is exactly the same. Departure airport, SID, intermittent waypoints, STAR, destination. With a few clicks you can recreate the same route on the World Map that you would otherwise do on Simbrief. It must be some data format issue or something. I wish Asobo figured it out, at least on their own aircraft, if they also make the simulator with a built-in flight planner…

3 Likes