ATR - Navigraph - AIRAC

Hello All,

First of all I apologize if this has already been asked/answered.

Does anyone know how to update the ATR database to show the current Airac?

Many thanks in advance.

JD

Your post was found in #msfs:community-fly-in-events - please don’t post help topics there.

Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.
1 Like

It uses whatever you have installed in the base sim. Latest Navblue if you are running the stock sim, or Navigraph if you have a subscription and have installed that.

The text in the CDU (I assume this is why you are asking the question) is not accurate and confuses many folks.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Are you sure of this?
I have the sensation that they are not Navigraph where are them installed…

Pretty sure, unless something has changed in the 9+ months since that post.

Very few planes include their own nav data (PMDG is one), so nearly every plane just reads the NAV data from the sim. If you have Navigraph installed properly, that’s the data you will get. If you are stock, then the base Navblue data will be returned.

1 Like

But ATR has in MCDU incorrect information as the default not as Navigraph.
It seems forced to use the Default instead other DBs

The ATR uses the sim database.
If you install Navigraph to the sim, then that will be what the ATR uses.
If you do not change the nav data in the sim, it will be Navblue.

Yes, I believe the text in the MCDU is incorrect, which is what I mentioned in that earlier post. It’s just a cosmetic text/typo issue. The plane is actually using whatever version is installed in the sim.

1 Like

I have an active Navigraph subscription, and this is what I see on the Nav Data page:

It isn’t very descriptive.

EDIT:

Ah, but poking around, I did find this:

But that expiry seems odd, since I just updated my Navigraph AIRAC this morning.

1 Like