ATR throttle reverse problem with Xbox controller

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

In ATR, the throttle levers are in max reverse position, throttle value in EFB negative, but airplane goes forward. If I hold the ‘B’ button of XBOX controller (decrease throttle, as default), the levers remain max reverse position, but throttle value in EFB decrease more negative, and airplane goes backward. How ever if I release ‘B’ button or the throttle value in EFB has reach the minimal negative, the value stops decrease, than the airplane goes forward again, even if the value is negative.

By the way, from stream deck, the trottle value flash between -1.3 and -3.0, when hold ‘B’, and throttle lever in reverse position and throttle value in EFB negative and decreasing.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

as above

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Elite II (With Tobii 5 and Stream deck, but I suppose not related)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After Install ATR

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Is it not covered here under the pdf link?

I didn’t expect that even Xbox consoller need some throttle sets before, gonna check it . :joy:

1 Like

Nope, this is only for axis throttle, but no help to increment throttle like Xbox controllers. :upside_down_face:

I‘m to dump for config Trustmasters Airbus Controller :unamused::raising_hand_man::confounded:

Everyone who has the Airbus Throttle Quadrant! Search Jonathan Beckett on YouTube - he has a fix for this - huge thanks to him for doing this at around 1am in the morning, it works!

Anyone have any tips for the TM Hotas One? On the TBM and a320 I have a button mapped to toggle reverse thrust but it doesn’t work on the ATR.

Now I think I could confirm the problem occurs when the RAW INPUT THROTTLE value in EFB of ATR goes out the range of the values set on the left of that page in the ATR, either more than RAMP or less than IDLE.
With axis throttle where there is a physic limit this has no problem, but with XBOX consoler which is an increment throttle this will have problem because it easily gose out of range in current situation (where ATR has no limit of value) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am having the same issue myself. When I attempt to use the default throttle buttons on the Xbox controller, the throttle is very shaky and I cannot keep it at a constant amount either. Also when it gets too high, it will automatically revert to reverse thrust. Any help on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

ATR are broken on Series X. Please update!!!

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I play on PC, but on a controller. I have my throttle down set to the “B” button. When I hold down “B” to go into reverse thrust for a powerback, it goes back to idle or just doesn’t work. It only happens on the new ATR; all other planes are completely fine.

Aircraft:

ATR 42/72-600

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

12700k, 3070 FE, Xbox Controller

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU 12?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Even more information is that
I found the throttle lever position is not absolutely related to the power setting, as the lever is limited to FLIGHT IDLE position in the air, but actually I can decrease the power to GROUND IDLE or even REVERSE in the air, with idle gate engaged.

Yes, the animation of throttle lever is in flight idle, but the power goes less as the raw input value goes less, and the TQ displayed can represent this.

:upside_down_face:

By the way I’m not sure if the flight idle thrust is correct, because we found it difficult to reduce speed in glideslope higher than 3deg with FL, even in full configuration.

Fixed in ATR Update 1.0.8.