[ATSimulations] Antonov An-2. Work in progress!

I suppose it is worth asking is this replacing local legends? I noticed Jorg seemed to avoid that term in the Q&A.

I don’t really care what they call things if quality products are released, but the concerns over product support, track record with default/deluxe edition aircraft support, finger pointing when SUs break 3rd party aircraft and flip-flopping on marketing terms is concerning with regards to any support post-launch.

The Ju-52 is generally a good product at $15, but there are still a few things that need addressed. You would think moving the landing/taxi lights to their proper position and some trim adjustments to the retrofit are pretty simple adjustments - I am not as concerned about power per POH (as long as it isn’t something completely cartoonish) on a $15 product as others are but the other 2 issues take away from immersion and enjoyment of the product.

Was there some other information or did I miss this in the Q&A? This ‘series’ sounded like it would just come out as products are ready for release in partnership with AT.

There are two different “series” of planes that’ll be released in the future. Apologize for not knowing the names, but the first series is the one that’ll be linked to regional World Updates, and will focus on planes that are pre-50’s. The Junkers falls in this series. The second series will coincide with Sim Updates and will focus on planes that are the biggest, fastest, or iconic in some way…ships that break records, etc. The Antonov falls into this series.

“Local Legends” come with World Updates and “Iconic Airplanes” come with Sim Updates. Local legends are focused on planes pre 1950 that are from that specific country/region of the world update, and iconic airplanes are focused on relatively modern and also less modern iconic airframes (time period does not matter here).

Just bumping in case anyone has heard of any updated related to when this might be released. Hoping its before year end!

Didn’t Jorg make some kind of off-hand comment in the last Developer Q&A that he didn’t yet have a finalized contract with Antonov for the plane?

Yes, the plane is ready but the licence has not been secured yet. I still think it will happen before the end of the year but nobody knows when exactly.

If the plane is ready, maybe it’s time to finish up the P.149D…

6 Likes

The plane was made without having the license first? Seems a bit odd but if that’s how these kind of things are normally done then so be it.

I think it’s business negotiations between MS/Asobo/ATSim that is the sticky point, as opposed to a licensing issue between Antonov and either ATSim or MS/Asobo.

I think the majority of planes developed by third party devs have no licensing agreements at all (you’ll rarely ever see any such licensing info in any manuals which is where such things would be if there were licenses involved, or at least mentioned somewhere) and most plane companies don’t seem to care, although occasionally one or two will get a bit litigious. Microsoft being a huge multinational obviously is gonna be a bit more careful about that sort of thing though.

3 Likes

Welp…a month has passed - anyone heard any more updates?

The latest Dev update has a release date for it. I think it’s end of Feb.

@GameTrash643509 It is the AN2 that comes with the SimUpdate 8. They announced the date in the dev blog.

2 Likes

Do you have any idea from the last q&a if it has been delayed or not? I think it is delayed, but not sure about it.
As i see in the latest development roadmap it has been pushed to 1st of March from 22 February

Latest news is the AN-2 is delayed due to ongoing inability to get the license worked out.

They’re shipping the Beech Staggerwing instead, in the meantime.

They shifted all updates back a week at least also.

Got removed in the development roadmap for 1st March…now it’s the beechcraft.
So maybe may be…doesn’t look good

Antonov is a Ukrainian company. They may be busy with other matters right now.

5 Likes

It is a sad thing to mix politics into the gaming developing. :anguished:

2 Likes