ATSimulations MC-15 Cri Cri released (prop/jet & float)

Ok I’m glad I’m not alone in that… I noticed that in my first impressions vid on YT… I didn’t know for sure what was happening but I remarked that if felt like I was doing a belly landing every time, even when it looked from the outside like I wasn’t. Lots of little bugs to work out on this one.

1 Like

Yeah, this happens in float and piston version, but not the jet one.

Just a minor correction to this post.

The KitFox from the market has to be started with Ctrl-E

And yes this isn’t good enough. But I think the Aircraft has really bizzare handling. Even with no wind it’s all over the place. I honestly can’t be bothered to fly it because I am constantly fighting to keep it straight,. Then again that might be how it is in real life.

I have a feeling it may need tweaking

No it doesn’t… :wink: I start KitFox with manual procedures. It’s the shutdown that has to be done with key combos.

So I just got done testing the beta version for the update. It’s coming along better. Not quite there yet, but it’s getting there. They handle much nicer now in terms of roll and yaw. Regular version (non-float) has been fixed in terms of being buried beneath the ground. Some issues still remain, but I am communicating with Andrey from ATS, and hopefully these will be squared away before the new release. If that happens, this aircraft will be pretty awesome! It already is, in a way, the potential is there. Just needs a little more work. But this is good news for Cri Cri, this means the issues are being worked on and hopefully soon she will be fully ready!

1 Like

Can you let Andrey know that I have reworked the engine sounds using real sounds? I set the LU levels according to the SDK. I had to tweak the engine.cfg. as well. She now runs at 6500 RPM and pulls about 117.5 kts straight an level as she should. Been working on it steady for the last 4 days.

If he fixes the physics and then uses what I have done with maybe a little bit of tweaking, you’re right, it’s going to be an awesome bird.

It sounds much better in the cockpit at cruise now. The looping is gone and the motors have some grunt. At idle, you get the pop-pop-pop-pop of the cylinders. He’s more than welcome to use them if he likes them. That’s how much I like this plane in MSFS. It is the shizzle.

I’ll post a vid in a little bit. I’m tweaking the starter, which is basically a rip cord sound. It’s weird, but it is real. I’m trying to get the timing right for when the prop turns over right at TDC.

There are two other things, if he can fix them, that need attention. The looping throttle sliders are annoying and if he could lower the pilots view just a tad as I use a TrackIR and anytime I look behind me, my head pops out of the canopy.

4 Likes

Just e-mail him. info@atsimulations.com

Interested to see the full release version of this when it’s ready. This plane looks like a whole bag of quirky fun.

Changes in this update (Cri-Cri v.2.05):

• Completely reworked engine sounds and polished other sound effects
  • Updated flight dynamics
  • Updated camera positions
  • Added freezing effect
  • Added fuel valve
  • Added starter buttons (for jet version)
  • Removed autopilot
  • Fixed contact points
  • Fixed raindrops animation
  • Fixed door frame animation delay
  • Fixed cold & dark manual start
  • Fixed minor graphics issues

I already had the pleasure of testing the new version.
My first impression after some flights with the propeller and the jet version: I love it!!!
The handling of the Cri Cri is now really good and you feel that it is suitable for aerobatics.
The propeller sounds are now good and you can hear the dynamics in the sounds. It sounds like a horde of wild bee, but hey these are small motors.:wink:
This update is an great improvement.
The Cri Cri has now earned 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Nice! Dowloading.

I have a serious question. If I start with the floats version cold and dark, it doesn’t seem to have wheels/gear. So how to do you get it in the air? It means you have to start in water? Does MSFS have any seaports you can select to start the flight? I do have the payware Seattle Landmarks, which has two sea-bases, but I think they are just scenery and not properly coded as flight origin location.

How do you use the floats version?

1 Like

Just installed the latest update. While the sounds are much improved, they are now packed up as a Wwise pck file. Bummer as the sounds I was working on sound more authentic. Second, it is still taching out well above 11,000 RPM. The real Cri-Cri JPX PUL 212s tached out at 6500 max from what I read in the included documentation. Also, the speed is excessive as well. The real Cri-Cri max cruise was 117 kts, approximately 135 mph. After the update, it is running like a scalded dog at 140+ knots. Fun? Yes. Realistic, not so much so. But, it is much improved otherwise.

While I welcome the new capabilities of the Wwise sound engine, I’m not so sure it is leaving me all warm and fuzzy. Because I or anyone else can create, what we perceive to be better sounds for our payware, but can’t add them to the aircraft. You are stuck with what is acceptable to the developer.

1 Like

Also, I still can’t start the props cold and dark. They spin but don’t catch on. Only using Ctrl-E. I am disappointed with that.

Have you turn the fuel on? The switch is beside the radio.
Then Battery on, ignitions on and a klick on the motors to start them.
Work fine for me.

1 Like

Ah! That’s the missing ingredient. How come I haven’t found it before? Hmmm.

1 Like

Found a few more issues with this update.

Fuel gauge on the tank no longer reads fuel level correctly. Because the RPMs are way too high, fuel burn is insane and super unrealistic. Certain RPMs there is looping in the sounds. It’s better than it was, but still needs work. Jet version sounds have some weird transitional sounds and the power comes on much too strong mid-band.

As a side, I replaced the prop graphic as the one included is a distraction when sitting behind the engines. They remind me of FS9 prop arc graphics. I swapped the textures out with the CAP 10 prop graphics. Looks much better.

I am having a hard time taking off from water. It just never gets enough power to rotate. Anyone else?

I believe this fuel switch don’t exist in the further version.

1 Like

New Review from Lostpilot for the Cri Cri after the update

3 Likes

Anyone know if multiplayer is still borked in the Cri Cri? All I see is the cockpit if someone else is flying a Cri Cri.

Should be an easy fix I’d think, but it’s devastating for multiplayer Cri Cri flights. Total non-starter.