[August 24, 2023] Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 Update 1.0.31

I’ll check soon but I don’t see anything in the notes that would indicate anything

Thanks choppa. And indeed my fear exactly, the notes seem to discard that issue.

When you do a hotel start, the right engine animation gets bugged and the propeller does not spin. The prop still outputs power as it should but the pro is stationary

2 Likes

When you release the prop brake after hotel mode, your prop doesn’t begin spinning again? I haven’t experienced that.

I’ve always thought that the hotel mode only works on engine startup and not on engine shutdown. As the break can’t stop the prop once it spinning that fast.

Can anyone confirm this to be true? I seem to remember it from the 72-500, but maybe I’m either mistaking or the 600 is just upgraded in that department.

Has anyone managed to get the plane to actually start from cold and dark since the update? I’ve tried both planes and when I switch on the main battery it makes a noise but the MCF checks don’t show. I’ve even tried using the checklist with the copilot doing it and it just doesn’t complete so I can get any power at all.

No idea what I’m doing wrong as I’ve been trying for over an hour without any luck.

1 Like

Great update but still no yellow tips on the propellers.

1 Like

Sorry but there was nothing wrong with the propeller brake and it’s mostly a user error. You need to check your hydraulic pressure before enganging (and also disenganging!) the brake. If there’s no pressure (and READY light next to the brake isn’t lit) you need to pressurize the system with the AUX pump (a button on the pedestal below the parking brake). That pressure won’t stay in the circuit for too long, you only have like 30 secs to operate the brake before you lose the pressure. That’s how it behaves IRL. In the first release you didn’t need to pressurize anything for operating the brake (which was wrong and that was fixed).

18 Likes

IAS will never be 275 kts, that’s a red band range. According to RL ATR pilots visiting the ATR thread the IAS is kind of close to reality. Under a normal load you won’t reach 220+ kts indicated air speed at higher flight levels like FL200. ATR is rather an underpowered aircraft and a slow climber (not my words).

4 Likes

I just tested the 42 with the default livery. I had no issues. I powered up the aircraft and the two ND displays came on with their “T”.

I activated ground power via the EFB and then the Ext Pwr switch and the remaining displays illuminated with their “T”.

Moments later the two initial displays showed their status pages and then a few moments later the remaining displays came to life and all of them switched to their default modes.

Are you using a custom livery or have some other mod?

EDIT:

I just tried it again with a Canadian North livery I use from flightsim.to. It works, too.

Apparently with this update, the ATR arrives more suitable when using the V-FP, although I can no longer remove the indication of “V-FP” on the PFD when completing the flight. I almost sank the STBY button.

3 Likes

Thank you Hans for the plane and the support. One of my 3 favorite planes. Great…

5 Likes

It work on engine shutdown, but you have to put the condition lever in feather before activating the prop brake

2 Likes

Is anyone having issues with the Hyd Aux Pump Gnd Ctl Only button not turning on the Aux pump to pressurize the system?

I didn’t have issues with this in the previous build, but I’m getting no pressure build up when activating the button. Yes, I have the Aux pump switched on via the overhead.

I just completed a flight in the ATR from cold & dark. No issues with the startup. I was able to engage hotel mode after I landed, leaving me with no props spinning and one engine powered up and providing power.

VNAV was odd. I never activated VNAV ALT but instead got this strange double VNAV IAS (active and armed). It wouldn’t descend or switch to any other vertical guidance mode, but after flying manually for a bit it activated VNAV PATH into a descent.

atr vnav ias

Terminal RNAV guidance was high based on the PAPI so I landed it manually. The vertical bug was far too high throughout my manual approach.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble setting flaps after the update? Default house livery 72-600. They worked fine pre update. I’ve checked there’s no double binding on my yoke settings. They can’t even be moved with the mouse.
Any suggestions please?

I am flying the 42, and had no issues with the flaps. Of course, the 72 could be different…

1 Like

Are you pumping hydraulic pressure button on pedestal before moving flaps prior to full startup? They need hydraulic pressure to move.

Yes but it makes no difference. Running engines at full power makes no difference either. I’m stumped for a cure at the moment.
I even deleted and redownloaded in case it was a faulty installation.

What is it about this ATR that makes me love it so?

It shouldn’t really be my kind of aircraft. I usually go for vintage and analog.

I’m concerned it’s becoming my favorite!

18 Likes