[August 24, 2023] Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 Update 1.0.31

If anybody thinks this thing is getting updated before the new year I think we’re misguided unfortunately

They did say that they are targeting January.

And to be fair, kudos to Hans for still working on updating it.

4 Likes

I’ve loved the ATR since it’s release–one of my fav Xbox S aircraft, it reminds me so much of real life ATR experience in the US as a business commuter–I loved the tprop aircraft with the high wings, because of the wonderful view of the world they allow. I slaved a copilot view to a custom pax cabin view I set up, which can be done with patience just using the Xbox controller giving a hobbyist two ways to fly–as a pax or as a pilot.

I wish the ATR allowed the flight plan to be fully loaded from the world map. I know some prefer manual entry but for me, since I am going to use it for autopilot flight anyway, it is a bit too much immersion–pity there is no option to let it load, then ‘erase it’ by touchpad for those who wish to key it in manually (which I have done on a few flights with increment weather enroute).

I felt as a business traveler the ATR’s nose looked closest to a jet airliner and I loved the 2x2 seating arrangements because I loved the window seat and my employees loved aisle seats, so it made them happy when I picked an airline that had that layout on a local tprop connection.

We’d land, go to dinner, go to our hotel rooms, call our loved ones, and have a great business trip because they appreciated I cared about their flying comfort as much as our work being a success.

Add-on devs like youse (Chicago plural of you) I commend, because you make these classic aircraft via CAD design, which are not easy to make at all.

JC

1 Like

Many airports are in wrong position.
For example the LGSK seems to be on the sea

1 Like

Is ground mapping mode of radar working ? Anyone can tell me what to do to use it if it’s modelled in sim?

It’s general bug, not only with this airport. Seems that the terrain map overlay and the nav info overlay are at different zoom levels. If you get close to the airport it will show correctly. The terrain info is usable only in a 5nm radius around the aircraft

There is no terrain ‘radar’ as such. It is a database in the FMS which is enabled by selecting TERR on the VCP panel under the ND.

It is bugged however in the sim, once zoomed out beyond a certain distance the scale of the terrain vs. location of airports, navaids etc. goes haywire.

ART should have both terrain data and ground obstacles radar. Second one is called GMAP and should switch radar into ground mapping mode. Question is it’s not modeled in sim, I do something wrong or it’s Xbox bug.

I think right now it’s not modeled in-sim

Yeah, nobody uses GMAP in real life to be honest

Dunno, I’m casual player not pilot. For me it sounds interesting.

With SU14 release today, let’s hope for an ATR update?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the SU14 beta hasn’t included any updates to the ATR as far as I know. Maybe SU15?

Nope. Jorg mentioned in the last developer stream that they’re planning to release an update around January

Three months grounded here waiting for some update on this aircraft, thanks Microsobo. Tried it for many weeks since SU13 but the hydraulic issues are game breaking for me.

8 Likes

Thanks to Hartmann for this marvelous plane and for the regular updates to correct it

1 Like

My work around until there is a fix for the low NP in ground idle (if you have a reverse axis on your throttle hardware):

• In the throttle calibration config page in the EFB, I move my throttle som millimeters in the reverse zone of my hardware throttle (I am using the TM TCA Airbus) when setting the idle position value. So if the actual idle position value of my throttle is -9000, I am setting it to -9500 (or something similar. I dont have the actual values in front of me now)
  • This will give me about 5% torque when my hardware throttle is in the idle position, leaving my VC throttle some percent above ground idle. This will provide 65% or more NP and full hydraulics and A/C.
  • Note: I found it best to leave the gust lock off, because it will affect your torque even though the position of the throttle in the VC is not changing (think this is a bug?)
4 Likes

Hello ! Where do you find update ?.. Up to day, I have seen nothing :slightly_smiling_face:
Jean-Pierre

I guess @CCM200 mentioned previous already applied regular updates, with emphasizing teams are still working on it …

my post is a touch of humor intended to express my great discontent without risking having my post deleted