Australia: The best places to fly… & add ons and updates for Australia

Wow. The photogrammetry around Mackay (YBMK) is impressive. Every building in incredible detail.

8 Likes

The photogrammetry around Brisbane is impressive too. With only a very few of the inner city high rise suffering the apocalyptic look.

Industrial area at Virginia even down to the rusted corrugated iron on the roof.

Aspley Hypermart

Small suburban industrial areas and car lots in great detail near Chermside

Typical Queensland older 6 pack unit block just off the spinner of the aircraft at Kedron. And lots of solar panels.

The photogrammetry boundary line to the North of Brisbane at Castledine. In front of the aircraft photogrammetry, behind the aircraft default MSFS textures and buildings.

8 Likes

Great Barrier reef bush trip missing? I Don’t see it, does it have another name?

2 Likes

I am pretty happy with all that’s been done with this update. I fly Airbus for a living and am looking to get into the Fenix A320 to assist with some professional deverlopment, in VR of course, when that comes out eventually.

This update will be more than enough to assist with that.

I also did a short flight from overhead Pine Gap (which as a side note is a fairly controversial facility) in the middle of Australia to Alice Springs.

When photogrammetry isn’t trying to remodel entire cityscapes but rather the basic simple landscapes including some dirt roads and some basic infrastructure, it really shines.

Well done team, keep up the great work.

1 Like

From the Release Notes (1.22.2.0) World Update VII: Australia:

Bush Trip

• Tasmania
  • Southeastern Australia
  • Sea to Desert
  • Great Barrier Reef
  • Northwestern Kimberly Coast

I think these map to:

Bush Trip

• Tasmania → TASMANIAN ODYSSEY(George Town to Launceston)
  • Southeastern Australia → AUSTRALIA SOUTHEASTERN (Canberra to Melbourne)
  • Sea to Desert → FROM THE SEA INTO THE DESERT (Whyalla to Coober Pedy)
  • Great Barrier Reef → NORTH QUEENSLAND COAST (Cairns to Hamilton Island)
  • Northwestern Kimberly Coast → NORTHWESTERN KIMBERLEY COAST (Derby to Kununurra)

I haven’t flown the Great Barrier Reef → NORTH QUEENSLAND COAST (Cairns to Hamilton Island) bush trip yet.

2 Likes

No YMML or YBCG. Very dissapointed 2 years in we still don’t have the 2nd largest airport in Australia covered. I heard on the grapevine that axonos were making YMML but it’s all radio silence from them

1 Like

Axonos has YBCG on their MSFS roadmap and YMML is coming but i don’t think my knowledge is public so can’t say.

1 Like

So far I have flown MEL → SYD → BNE → TSV and agree absolutely that Brisbane has great photogrammetry and also Melbourne - both huge areas covered but Sydney seems to be just the CBD?!

I have to say, The Great Barrier Reef has been a disappointment so far. Flying from BNE to TSV, the Capricorn and Central sections were just blurry smudges?! I am not running any 3rd party mapping mod and everywhere else has been high quality so far… Maybe the Cairns and Northern sections are more detailed?

To cap my initial impression so far on a positive note… Approaching into Townsville from the West and in over the town, it seemed photogrammetry it was so detailed. Each house and garden as far as could see… really incredible!

2 Likes

Why is so bad the coral reef?

1 Like

This is from 10,000ft over the Central Section…

Maybe it’s ok and I am expecting too much? Or my internet connection / server load is causing the potato-quality textures?

1 Like

No, you are right the segons pic It is so blurry, I Will check It later today

1 Like

After the update trying a discovery flight in Australia I get an error Australia Points of Interest not owned. Go to marketplace but no download.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Another user posted much better looking scene, so I am hoping it was just the server-side issue at that moment!

1 Like

Try this:

1 Like

Interesting. World Update VII is not shown in the marketplace although it downloaded when I started MS2020 today. Looks like it only partially loaded. Not sure how to proceed now.
SIM runs ok apart from missing POI for Oz.

1 Like

wow, australia pg is really good.

1 Like

Amazing. Looked at Southern Cross in download and World Update Vii appeared. Downloading now. Life gets complicated sometimes!

1 Like

i can confirm some watermask are really ugly, blurried, low quality…unacceptable…i cant imagine how things like that can pass a quality test

1 Like

Thanks for checking. It’s a shame if this is the case - 3TB of data surely one of the most amazing natural wonder of the world should be represented as best as it can be. The rest of the country looks magnificent … ahhhh such a shame!

1 Like

The verdict Alex -
Just flew Bendigo to Melbourne following freeway (near Castlemaine by the way), did circuit of the city and landed at Orbx Essendon. Superb, without another leap in Shark AI building generation which could always be better… the team at Asobo have lived up to the hype… as a simmer since 82 well done!!!

4 Likes