Australia: The best places to fly… & add ons and updates for Australia

Anyone here who has flown over Adelaide and surrounds since WU7 and found the blood red shadows and hills a little off-putting please cast a vote on Adelaide City - Red Wash!

2 Likes

Also post this in: Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

1 Like

Flight over the Gawler Ranges in South Australia. Depart YKBY, have a quick look over Streaky Bay then turn exactly NE and fly direct to YPWR.

Route takes you directly over Lake Acraman which is the centre of a meteor impact crater from 580 million years ago and up to 90km diameter making it very significant.

It’s usually a dry salt lake but here it is filled with water. This general area has just had extreme floods so maybe the sim is realistic at the moment!

I climbed to 30kft to get a better view of the area.

Certainly get a feel for the impact from up there.

Landed at Woomera, RAAF base and home of the rocket and missile tests.

Parked up for the night as a tourist but civilians aren’t allowed to live there so I moved on the next day.

3 Likes

Circumnavigating Australia with WU7. Cheers.

2 Likes

I am all for MSFS doing Sherperton airport. I love the fact that there is a pub on the perimeter of the airport, it is a good stop for a pub meal.

Fingers crossed there are some updates for Victoria coming in the future.

You might want to checkout the Orbx 2022 Roadmap

2 Likes

Lots of freeware for Vic airports on flightsim.to
Cheers.

1 Like

I arrived at Kangaroo Island and something caught my eye… Wonder if there’s a fix available.

4 Likes

Nice find. It is there for me too. Be sure to report it in Bugs & Issues: Scenery

2 Likes

Coffs Harbour by Impulse Simulations has been released: ** NOW AVAILABLE COFFS HARBOUR FOR MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR **
^ Video

Purchase link:

3 Likes

Also there is YSHT Shepparton Aerodrome by Impulse Simulations for free:

2 Likes

Thanks, looks great. Think I’ll have no choice but to pick it up!

I flew into Luskintyre to relive a real world flight in a Jab to visit the museum and see the Tiger Moths. It is not marked as an airfield but if you taxi near the shed that represents the museum there are 2 white aircraft silhouettes on the ground taken from the sat images of Bing. Be really great if someone who designs airfields could make a better Luskintyre so more can visit the museum!

2 Likes

Be sure to post your missing airfield YLSK Luskintyre Airfield in this thread: Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk

1 Like

The Topic author already has it in so hoping it will get done sometime soon.

2 Likes

Good to see YMML and Melbourne city are getting done. Has been short on love in the South.

I’m working on Cairns City currently, got about 7 high rises to go so a couple of weeks out, trying to custom model everything over ~8 levels. But i’ve also included custom marina, ships, skyrail gondola, helipads, convention center with the redevelopment completed, custom trees and some other bits and pieces at the reef / islands and around town.

Not touching the airport, i have a free high quality control tower for YBCS on flightsim.to if anybody wants it. Can’t disclose anymore about the airport but it will come.

I am thinking Townsville city after this.

Snippet.

Have a good day everyone and keep enjoying the best country in MSFS :wink:

10 Likes

That looks great @Nethiuz, look forward to the release!

2 Likes

I’ve updated to Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0), I’m still seeing the World Update VII (1.22.2.0) splash screen, did they update the splash screens for SU8?

1 Like

nope still the same loading screens. I think they only change when they add stuff not just fixes. So mostly world updates.

1 Like

Okay not just me then, good to know. They updated the splash screens for previous sim updates e.g. Sim Update VII (1.21.13.0 Game of the Year Edition) they had the Pilatus PC-6 on one of the splash screens. I guess they didn’t want to update the splash screens just yet as Australia really is the best place to fly :smiley:

1 Like