Australia: The best places to fly… & add ons and updates for Australia

Where is everyone visiting this thread from in the real world?

Adelaide here

1 Like

UK, that is Great Britain.
Following thread for ideas to explore Oz.

1 Like

I’m in Oregon. I’ve just finished circumnavigated Australia and have now hopped over to New Zealand.

1 Like

Orbx has updated Cityscape Sydney to work properly with WU7, for those using Orbx Central you can download it now:
https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/213175-cityscape-sydney-120-world-update-vii-compatibility-msfs/

Hi all,

The World Update VII compatibility fixes for Cityscape Sydney is now available on Orbx Central. The update is being submitted to Microsoft as well as an XBox version for testing and acceptance.

This update works best with the photogrammetry data as being enabled. If the PG is disabled you will see issues with the Sydney Harbour Bridge off-ramps. Note that with photogrammetry enabled, we have used best efforts in ensuring POIs work well within the photogrammetry area in the CBD.

We have elected to retain the original Cityscape Sydney Harbour Bridge and One Barangaroo POIs in lieu of those shipped with WU:VII in update as well.

Remember to delete the rolling cache file after installing Cityscape Sydney

1 Like

Northern part of the Netherlands. I have family in Adelaide and Melbourne. Last visit to Australia was 2006.

I cannot wait to go to Bend Oregon in real life in the next couple of years.

1 Like

Has anyone had problems with the Orbx Sydney scenery on XBox duplicating the scenery. I have two Sydney Harbour Bridges now overlayed on each other. What is the fix for this?

Look in your installed content for Asobo Sydney and uninstall it. Delete rolling cache if you can on xbox.

Thanks, I have done that now. I’ll check to see if it worked.

This is the first scenery I have downloaded on Xbox.

Not that Ive heard or seen. Along with Port Maquarie and considering the great work the community has done, this is a list of ( in my mind) SE Australia mid size airports that need a custom remake
Hamilton
Mildura
Mount Gambier
Port Lincoln
Kangaroo Island
Strahan
Merimbula
Dubbo
Broken Hill
Tamworth
Armidale
Bathurst
An update of my home base Bendigo
But also here’s an acknowledgement to all the great work that has been done… its been amazing

You should really explore Arnhem land. Every bush/remote/island community has an airstrip, mostly dirt but a few bitumen. Great viewing, particularly the islands. Start at YELD and work your way along the coast to Darwin. YPDN

Thanks for the tip I will definitely do some virtual exploring up there. Just out of interest what aircraft types are normally used in that area of Australia for getting to the smaller or more remote airfields?

A lot, this link will give you the picture. These areas are VERY isolated. Island communities or inaccessible by road for months during the monsoon season.

1 Like

Thanks for that as you say lots of different types to play with over there!

I have been doing some flying around YTDR Theodore Airport and YMOU. Beautiful Queensland landscapes and some massive coal mines to fly over.

2 Likes

Looks like Canberra (YSCB) is being released soon: YSCB - Canberra Airport MSFS | Impulse Simulations

1 Like