Auto pilot Dosent work

Disagree. Exact same thing happened to me ten minutes ago in the Bonanza. No mods. Empty Community folder.

Lots of issues post SU3. AP behavior is one of them. Carenado’s PA44 Seminole has the same behavior.

Try the version on the link that I mentioned in my post above. No more banking, no more dipping, and everything is smoother… (except for the known fuel consumption issue)

I’ll have to try this. Of course, I’ve been flying some much longer haul routes in the A320, so the fuel issue might be a problem there for me.

What’s different about this version? Is this the custom build? Also, when you say smoother, what about FPS?

I have been seeing overall FPS improvement myself. (but the micro-stutters on approach still occurs, which I think it’s a sim issue and not a mod issue).

But what I meant by smoother was the flight controls. When I fly the Dev version, it gets really twitchy on take off but here it’s smooth handling. When engaging the AP, it also stays stable. And the one that’s most noticable for me was when you change altitude. Previously on the dev version, when I set a new altitude with the knob, when I press the knob to engage the flight level change, the aircraft dips for a second before stabilises and then start the descent. Now, in this version, when I press the altitude knob, it stays stable and just starts descending smoothly. You can see when I start my descent at the 55:00 mark.

About the fuel, it looks like they’ve applied the improvement 4 hours ago as of this post. So if you download it now using the link above, you should have the latest version with the better fuel consumption. I haven’t tested it myself though, I might do so later tonight.

So I downloaded it and I also noticed an FPS improvement on my end compared to the stable and dev. versions. It was noticeably smoother without all the microstutters. I was also really glad to see that the AP didn’t do the annoying banking when I engaged it like the stable and dev. versions currently do. It felt really smooth like you said.

However, what’s the deal with the throttle? Over half of the range on my joystick throttle didn’t increase the power any. When I finally pushed far enough, it just shot up to CLB power. So basically, I didn’t have any range or control of the throttle which was strange. Am I missing something here. All of my control sensitivities are the same.

I also noticed my flight took forever to load compared to normal. It got to the end of the loading screen and then went super slowly, which is strange since the FPS was better like I said. I was worried about that when it was taking forever to load.

Last question: Is this a new version of the mod that is going to be implemented into the dev. and stable versions later? I also wanna know how the FBW team can fix the AP banking issue on this version, but not the others? It’s really an annoying bug, even if it only lasts a few seconds.

Yeah, so the throttle thing needs a bit of an extra attention. You need to open the EFB FlyPad and go to the gear icon settings. In there you need to calibrate the throttle level. I don’t have any documentation or anything, but basically, you just need to set the value based on your physical throttle position for the aircraft to interpret. You can move your physical throttle, and it will tell you which value you’re currently at, then you can press the button if you want that position to be set to which detents.

This may take a while since you’ll be doing some trial and error. I know it took me a while to understand it for my TCA Quadrant to be fully aligned the way I want it to. But that’s where you set the throttles. It’s actually a good customisation because you can scale how the throttle behaves based on your physical movement in your controls. But yes, this doesn’t work out-of-the-box, so it needs some extra attention to get it working the way you want it to. Once you’re done, click Apply and Save and it should be permanently saved in your settings. You only need to do this once.

Yes, this is the super-experimental improvement that they will roll out to Dev version “eventually” it does not leverage the default Asobo autopilot system. Instead, it has its own built-in autopilot system that they’re developing and will eventually be deployed in the main release stream. In the current Stable, or Dev, or even Custom FBW version, they’re all leveraging the default Asobo Autopilot, so any mod changes they do there, may have unwanted side effects to the autopilot in the form of the banking and dipping issue. With the Custom AP version, it has its own Autopilot system, so any improvements they do there, are properly managed so it doesn’t have the side-effects.

1 Like

Yeah, that definitely seemed strange at first. Maybe I’ll have to try it again tomorrow and play around with it some more.

As for the AP, I definitely noticed it was different compared to the other versions. But man, I really wish they could hurry up and make it to where the stable and dev. versions aren’t being leveraged on the Asobo AP, because it’s bad. I always forget that this is the case with the FBW mod AP. I just wonder what in this past update made the AP like this? I honestly never had this banking issue until this update. And what’s even stranger is that the default A320 doesn’t have this issue when I tested it without the mod, only the mod has the banking/dipping issue. You’d think it would be vice versa.

So I downloaded fbw Installer and the stuff added new addon as explained earlier. It just workes after that with no turn and altitude also hold as instructed. I did 2 flights and seems to be working fine now. Thanks a tonne !

Having the same problem with A320 now too. Been flying the CRJ lately, so I wasn’t aware to any new problems with A320, but since yesterday this ■■■■■■■ AP just won’t hold course no matter what, it just makes the plane fly in circles and that’s it. Can’t even go to HDG mode, It won’t hold course.

Haven’t flown the A320 since a few weeks (month?) ago and out of curiosity I just did 2 short flights with the default A320.
The AP and AT worked perfectly during managed and selected flying.
Surprisingly nice :+1: :slight_smile:

So A320 issue is solved.

Boeing 777 & 787 still giving issue. Just turns left as soon as it lifts off and AP is engaged. Solution ?

What does the FD indicate before engaging the AP? Is the vertical command bar centered?

Btw, there’s no 777.

Have you added a deadzone of about 10-15? I had the same issue and it fixed it for me.

hi Pimol, have you find any solution to fix this problem? I have the same issue on 787

Have you any news about? I still have the same issue starting AP on 787

default 787
Quick test
No flight plan
No route in CDU

manual departure (hand flying)

Autopilot ON
heading select
V/s select
speed select

All ok
MSFS version 1.15.10.0

Note:
No 777 in MSFS line up to test?

I have never flown a fully configured A320 on a MSFS flight.

I normally fly Boeings.

So, for a test, I hand flew a MSFS A320 departure / climb out.

When selecting the autopilot On and various modes (Speed select , Altituse select , V/S select ) no problems.

Example screenshot.

when I have FD on and I’m taking of when the wheels of ground the AP terns it self on can anyone help

Do you have any assists on?

nope all to real life