Auto pilot Dosent work

What has thrust to do with the question if the A320 is stablized?

Well the A320nx mod has additional protections that might affect what the autopilot does. Also the autothrust will only work in Climb mode.

Hi
This is exactly how mine started, banking trying to turn full circle, only manual could i fly and keep it airborne. When i posted this just over week ago, one guy came back to me, and
Said just before xmass same thing happened to him, he said he found out it was a sound file something to do with our controllers, the fix he said cured his prob, but might not be same for me, Urika!!! The very day mine played up i DID go into the sensitivity settings and altered the dead zone setting, went back turned it back to 5%.its never done it again.
Hope you find a solution, this sim can be so frustrating. Good luck

This is a separate and different issue. The banking youā€™re experienced happens in 1-2 seconds before it stabilises and the aircraft continues the flight plan for the rest of the flight.

What OP is describing is that once the AP is engaged, the aircraft banks hard left and continues to bank until it overspeed and falls out of the sky and crash.

1 Like

I have the same issue, the AP was working just fine , until the last update , then it starts to make circles, i was testing it in a320 , and 747-8, i was using AP without any problem befor last update , now just after switching AP ON plane starts flying in circules . Both of them . Please tell me if there is any way to fix it. ?

Thereā€™s gotta be something thatā€™s causing the issue for you guys.

Hmm, try to double and triple check these settings:

1. Flight model set to modern and not legacy.
  2. All Assists are set to Hard/True to Life.
  3. AI Copilot Control is set to off at all times.
  4. Make sure Deadzones are applied to all your Control axis X, Y, Z of at least 10%.

Yes, I know. I used to have this issue until I increased my dead zones. I havenā€™t had this issue in a while.

But yes, now I experience the issue where the AP banks either right or left when I engage AP. Still, this is a similar issue and bug that is annoying and frustrating because of how harsh and unrealistic it is, especially considering itā€™s coming from the FBW mod and even the stable version of all. And yet somehow nobody has complained about it enough to get fixed yet? I thought they were fixing it constantly?

1 Like

I wanna try to use the CustomAP version. Maybe I have better luck there.

They are but with the stable and developer versions they are limited by the default Asobo autopilot.

There we go again. Now in climb mode. Few mins after takeoff. Same issue as soon as AP is engaged banks left.

Weirdā€¦ Maybe try to use managed climb instead? Push the altitude selector knob instead of pulling it. You should see a dot under LVL CH display.

1 Like

Iā€™m flying the Custom AP and custom FBW version. Thereā€™s no banking or dipping issue there.
See here:

So should I download the latest custom version then?

How to download this ? Please give details instructions

1. Use the installer.
  2. Select ā€œCustom FBW autopilotā€

Is it in the installer already?

Installer on FBW website ?

I download this version here: https://api.flybywiresim.com/api/v1/download?url=https://flybywiresim-packages.b-cdn.net/vmaster-cfbw-cap/A32NX-master-cfbw-cap.zip

But the fuel consumption is still an issue. The engine is too thirsty. But everything else seems to work fine. Iā€™m going to test the autoland too.

It looks like this fixed the problem. Thanks very much. :slight_smile:

So I tried going back to the dev. version earlier. It was definitely the latest version since I noticed some changes, especially the sounds and it also looked like the cockpit panel texture was updated. However, still I experienced the banking when I engaged autopilot.

Iā€™ve seen some replies saying that itā€™s a SimBrief issue, but I have never used SimBrief and I always use the worldmap feature to flight plan and I still have this issue. All three versions now have it for me which is a real pain. How has this issue persisted in the mod this long? I know others are experiencing the same issue and canā€™t be too happy with the realism. The default A320 doesnā€™t even have this odd behavior and that say something.