Auto Taxiing after Landing - Airplane steeres into every direction (on A320)

Hello all,

during pushback and all of that I have complete control on taxi to the runway. After landing my aircraft goes all wonky and tries to taxi itself. Is there a way to disable this “auto taxi”?

The only AI i’ve activated is the Co-Pilot ATC. It’s annoying because as soon as I land it automatically steers me into Buildings, Woods or the Ocean. I usually use the Autopilot and Navigation until I want to land and deactivate it for the landing itself.

Any help would be great thanks.

Do you have a recording of it happening? That never happened to me before.

After landing the airplane steers to the left (or sometimes to the right), after stopping i can’t use the rudder to navigate to the taxiway. As you can see, it’s steering towards an fixed point i assume, but i don’t know where.

Wow… there’s so many wrong things happening here, I don’t know where to start… I’ve never seen anyone handles the A320 like a cessna like in that video. That being said, first things first, make sure you follow the steps below:

1. Have you checked your General Settings under Flight Model? You need to use Modern. Don’t use Legacy.
  2. If you’re flying the A320, it should be noted that you’re well skilled enough in handling the aircraft that you shouldn’t have assists turned on. Assists are good for people wanting to learn to fly, but that’s only useful for small GA aircraft like a cessna. On an A320, assists tend to “fight” with the complex flight systems. It does more harm than good when assists are used on the Airliners.

Apart from that, you need to look up on the necessary skills and knowledge to handle an airliner. No pilot should handle an A320 the way you do. It’s nothing personal, but it’s a constructive criticism. There are a lot of great and easy to learn mentors on YouTube like 320SimPilot. He’s my favourite and I keep learning new things from him. I recommend you take a look at his videos.

Here’s my A320 flying if you want to have a look at how it’s done:

Omg haha.
Well, the rudder is not used at the ground. You need to assign controls to tiller. You can set the same axis as you uses at rudder control

But there’s no tiller control in the sim… is there? I just set my axis to just rudder control and the tiller works the same. I know it’s not realistic and all, but I think that’s just how the sim is coded at the moment. There’s no separate tiller axis, and just use the rudders as the tiller.

Well done guy!!

On top of the other things being mentioned, you had ZERO flap settings on landing. You should have been at FULL flaps. You at least would have had more control upon landing. I won’t even go beyond that except to say, go on YT and watch some tutorials on flying the A320.

Wow…
Your final landing speed is also a bit high, probably braking the shocks slamming down like that. (Nice FPS though).

What imputs do you have bind for taxiing in the control page? I think the key is in those things.

First of all thank you for your replies and the constructive suggestions in regards of my flying skills. Like i said, there is no problem during take-off or inflight, just when i land the plane is steering apart. I will check if this happens with other planes in the Sinulation too.

I’m using a Xbox Controller for Flying, i already checked the rudder settings and bindings, it looks good so far. Until the last patch i had a rudder problem with the controller but this seems to be solved.

I will try out the tipps you’ve provided this weekend and will see if it’s a pilot error or a software problem.

So if you think that there is no setting causing this issue, i have to go with the fact that i’m a not so perfect casual pilot :slight_smile:

I think it’s difficult to determine the actual cause of the issue simply because there’s too many things that’s not within normal procedure on your approach and landing.

In my opinion, I believe you need to improve your approach and landing skills and knowledge first. At least we know these are the more obvious things that we can see and for you to improve upon.

There’s just too many factors that come into play from your video that we can’t tell what’s the actual cause. I think if you can improve your skills, that would paint a better picture to find what went wrong.

Xbox controller shouldn’t be a hindrance. I have a friend who also flies with Xbox controller, but his landings are on-par with me and sometimes even better.

Do you start your flights from runway? Or from the gate? If from gate, are you able to taxi until the rnw? I mean…the problem related to steering is only after landing, or it happens in general?

Moderator Edit: Merged from another topic.

Dear Community,

I would like to bring up an issue i’m experiencing when landing and taxiing or taxiing with an A320 in Flight Simulator. I’ve all the guidenance systems deactivated, also the AI Pilot. I’ve posted this issue before, unfortunately the post is closed now and i can’t answer there. I’m just a casual flyer, so no sim expert- but i assume that my problem has nothing to do with my flying, than with the software itself:

As soon as I land on a runway, the plane begins to steer to the left or right; depending on the location of the taxiway. It’s direction is stuck to the Gate, I can’t steer it with the rudder anymore. Even if i steer in the opposite direction it stills directs to the other side.

Same happens when I start a flight at a gate, after pushback it’s stuck to a point on the map and i can’t get it to steer where I want to steer- usually i end up in the airport building. I assume it’s some kind of guidence system to / from the gate / the runway in the background, although i turned those systems off.

Any tipp is appreciated,
Thanks, Nino

So disappointed that the link to the video of the bad landing no longer works :frowning:

2 Likes

I start my flights from Runway, as well as from the Gate. I’m able to taxi, but can’t steer left or right; it’s like the plane is on auto-taxi. But there is no assistant activated. Same happens when I land, shortly after touchdown, the plane steers to the taxiway- even if I don’t set a “Arrival”-Point during flight setup.

Well, it was too embarrassing; also i did not want a judgement about my flying- i just wanted to show the problem shortly after landing. But I will take a new video this weekend and show the issue during taxiing.

1 Like

Another two Videos in regards of the issue i’m experiencing:

Video #2:

#Video #1:

Please do not judge my flying or that i’m missing out some “Pilot Settings”, I’m still assuming that somethings is completely messed up with my rudder on the A320; after landing I can’t steer the airplane. In the other Video you’ll see that the plane is steering into several directons while i’m on the tarmac, unable to steer left or right with the rudder.

This happens on a Thrustmaster Yoke als well as an Xbox Controller.

1 Like

Can you post a video of the sensitivity settings for the rudder? It’s under Controls. Verify that you have control of the rudder?

I agree with mdapol. It looks like as soon as you touchdown, you lost control of your rudder. This can be caused by other hardware connected which gives input to your rudder control.

Please share your controls screenshot, and filter them with the keyword “rudder”. Share the screenshot for every hardware you have connected.