Auto Taxiing after Landing - Airplane steeres into every direction (on A320)

Thank you for the quick reply Neo4316 and mdapol.

A video of the settings:

Screenshots of the settings for every hardware:

I already disconnected the hardware (Controller and Thrustmaster) but the issue still persists. I’m really wondering what’s interfering with the settings; because as you can see- i’m able to land and there are no issues during the flight.

Thanks,
Nino

Can you record the sensitivity settings page? Under “controller” (the last one), in the upper left click “Sensitivity”. Move the rudder on your controller and find the axis that responds to it. Show us it moving back and forth and the settings there.

You showed the keybinds but I didn’t see any proof there that you can control the rudder. Actually move it back and forth and show that the sim recognizes it. For both the controller and joystick.

Edit: I just saw that you’re using the triggers for rudder (and buttons on the keyboard). That might be why it’s so twitchy. Can you taxi if you delete the rudder keybinds (triggers) and just use autorudder?

There it is, you have multiple hardware feeding into the rudder. If you’re using the HOTAS as your primary hardware, I would suggest you clear All binding that has rudder on them from the Xbox controller and the Keyboard.

This is to make sure that your rudder is ONLY receiving the input from your HOTAS and nothing else.

To echo on what Neo said, @ninflu you don’t have the joystick and the controller and the keyboard plugged in to the computer at the same time do you? You can’t have multiple inputs to the same control as they will conflict.

Well, since all the hardware is showing up on the MSFS controls page, that suggests that all the joystick, controller, and keyboard are plugged in at the same time.

They can be completely unplugged if they don’t use it, which will make it disappear from the controls page.

But unplugging keyboard is a bad idea. I would prefer to have the Keyboard set to have a blank profile, with only the Pause menu bound to ESC, and nothing else. Because you still need keyboard to type in things like ICAO code and the likes.

I agree. No flight controls should be mapped to keyboard.

Mine was not that bad but hard to do small inputs, try the details and software in this link.

I put in a big curve in my joystick sensitivity settings. You don’t really need more software…

You may wanna check landing config, too. Touchdown at roughly 170kts with what seemingly is Flaps 1?

He doesn’t want any advice or criticism about his flying procedures, as per his post a few posts back. Just a solution to the rudder problem.

Sure, but when you’re slower any sort of rudder input does not affect the aircraft’s movements that much.

I know that and you know that but he’s also getting the problem during taxi. Primarily during taxi I think. See his videos above. There’s definitely some kind of input problem.

Thanks for getting back to me @mdapol, @mynolix, @highpeak6096 and @Neo4316. I will use the weekend and will unplug / reconfigure / unbdin everything and let you know about the results. As @mdapol indicates, the problem is mainly during taxi; as soon as I’m on the ground the place is uncontrollable.

Also, when MSF will become available on Xbox on Tuesday, i will check it there as well using the Xbox Controller.

I wish you all a great start into this friday and get back to you!

So getting back to the issue; i experience the same problem on my Xbox Series X. The plane is uncontrollable; also at the Xbox there is only one, original controller attached. Some kind of auto taxiing is enabled on Xbox as well, as soon as I land the airplane, it’s steering either left or right. Also, as soon as i push back from the gate, the simulation forces me to go on the taxiway, even if i hit the rudder buttons, no chance to go left or right.

Similar Problems described by other users:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/taxiing-auto-steer/334736

Me thinks he is referring to his sensitivity settings for the rudder axis. Try setting back to default values maybe as that should be a workable set of paramters

I had this issue for a while back a couple of months ago and it seems to have stopped recently, I think I know what was happening. What I found was that if I set a destination as a specific gate at an airport or runway at an airport (on a full-length flight), I would get veered off the runway on landings. So what I would recommend is not setting the destination as a specific gate, and hopefully that might help. This whole thing seems to be just a super big glitch in the sim. It still occasionally happens, but way less often now. Let me know if that helps!

It still doesn’t make sense though, I always set my destination gate to my flight plan all the time but I don’t have the veering off. I just made sure I have every assist settings off like Hard/True to Life. Then make sure my AI assists are also off except for the Radio. It never veers off.

I also make sure my flight control commands including the rudder is only bound to one hardware, and no double binding coming from other hardware to the same flight control command, like Keyboard, I cleared every binding except for the ESC for Pause menu. and I only have a mouse, my TCA sidestick, and TCA Throttle Quadrant. That’s it, nothing else connected.

This just happened me too I was landing perfectly normal then my plane took control of itself and steered left into the dirt

Mine just did it did you manage to fix ur problem

Does anyone have a actual solution to this bug, it happens to me with every plane I use, I am able to taxi to the runway to take off with no problem but when I land my plane, it auto steers to the left and I have no control it’s almost to the point where the game is pointless since I can’t actually finish any of my flights properly