Auto Taxiing after Landing - Airplane steeres into every direction (on A320)

I don’t know, I just did a full flight myself with the FBW A32NX, and I don’t experience the same bug you’re experiencing. I was also flying together with my friend, and he didn’t experience the same bug you did.

My settings are:

1. Flight Model Modern,
  2. Assists True to Life (Everything Hard)
  3. Hardware connected:
    a. Keyboard with a Blank Profile, only Toggle Pause is bound, nothing else.
    b. Mouse with Default Profile.
    c. TCA Sidestick with Custom Profile, use Rudder Axis on Z axis with -50% sensitivity and 5% Deadzone.
    d. TCA Quadrant with a modified default Profile.

Bali (DPS) - Adelaide (ADL) - A320neo - MS Flight Simulator (2020)

I’m also having this issue, I actually just did a post myself about this.

I will say I did Not have this issue on launch for Xbox it appears this has happened in the last 24-48 hours for me personally.

I’ve just basically given up at this point, I’ve tried everything and I’ve tried Reddit no one seems to believe me that the plane seems to be auto taxiing even with no assists turned on. My partner is also having the same issues as me in her Xbox series S console while I’m on Series X.

People keep telling me it has to be weather. It’s really not.

I’ve done all weather condition lately, several planes, about 16 different airports so it can’t be anything to do with whether the airport is uneven. It’s just broken and no one wants to look into it for some reason.

Might get a refund at this point, there’s no point trying to land.

I did some testing and it’s seems like what’s causing the bug is when you choose a airport to arrive at on world map, I’ve done 5 flights without having a set airport to arrive at and when I land each time I had no problems with it auto steering and was able to taxi with no issues for the first time in 3 days, so until they fix this just don’t set a certain airport to arrive at just set the departure.

How are u supposed to know where to fly to then ?

1 Like

Jus tried this myself and worked an absolute charm, you sir are a godsend!!!

I have also tested this as setting a custom arrival nearby the airport I want to land at the. Manually calling in to the airport on arrival for landing, this also works!!! So we can get there without having to do some manual navigation to get to a destination!! Did a quick trip from Heathrow to De Gaulle Paris and it was smooth as butter!

1 Like

Everytime I land and try to taxi it stills happens to me plane just goes either left or right by the time I get plane to stop I half way of the runway wish this wasn’t a issue its killing my fun

You’re not setting a arrival airport right? I’ve haven’t been setting a arrival airport and haven’t had that bug since, just gotta put a custom waypoint next to the airport you are going to

This has started happening to me after the SU5 update (it was fine before then). Start Cold & Dark at gate, load flight plan from Simbrief, Take-off fine. Add STAR during flight, configure for landing, everything fine till I get down to the runway and then the plane veers off the runway despite me trying to steer it back.
I’ve the full TCA pack + pedals and I’ve checked my setup/sensitivities etc and everything is as it’s supposed to be.
Just done a few flights GMAD to GCRR and EGCC to EGBB and it’s happened every flight :frowning:

Hi,

This is also started happening to me after SU5. Had to fight the rudder after landed to stay on the runway. Today I just maintained low throttle to the plane and it got me auto-taxied to parking.

Out of 5 recent flights SU5 on A320NX, CJ4, C172, only 1 flight I managed to wrestle back the control after I managed to bring the plane aligned with the taxi ribbon to the gate.

This is really weird as I have not experienced this before. Turning off all AI settings not solving the issue.

Welcome any suggestion and sorry for my writting, English is my second language.

Thanks.

AI settings and Assistance options are two different things. Even though you might turn off all the AI assists, you may have any other assistance settings that are still turned on.

The best and quickest way to resolve this is by going to the Assistance Options from the menu, and set everything to True to Life. This will turn off every assists on the sim level to bring everything in manual mode.

You also need to add some deadzones to your flight controls, and make sure you don’t have multiple hardware bound to the same control commands. (eg. don’t have rudder controls bound from your joystick while having another rudder controls coming from your pedals or keyboard). Best practice is, one command bound to one key.

1 Like

Having done a few more flights in the FBW A320 and suffering the uncontrollable rollout on landing every time I’ve noticed that the stopping distance is far far short of what it should be. My autobrake is set to medium via the TCA add-on and shows as such on the panel however it’s behaving as it this was a max autobrake situation. I’m beginning to wonder if the brakes are being applied full-on and causing in effect a skid off the runway. I’m away on vacation for two weeks now so can’t test at lower autobrake settings on the panel or TCA knob. Is anyone else suffering the problem at low autobrake settings?

hello I have to tell you that I have the same problem with the A320neo on Xbox Series S and you have had my vote for it to be updated. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I have this same issue with any plane I fly. I mostly fly the Cessna 172, but it happens on others too.

Additionally, sometimes after landing the sim won’t give me any option to tune ATC to ground to request taxi, and the aircraft will just roll to a stop… and not let me control anything. No throttle, no flight controls. During this time, the Objectives continue to tell me to land even though I’ve already landed. After a while (couple minutes or so), I find that I can control the aircraft again.

Super frustrating.

Any solutions to this? Can’t I just force a successful ending to a flight after I’ve already landed? Why do I need to taxi after landing to get credit for a completed flight if the sim won’t let me taxi?

The only think I can think of is assists. I always advise people to turn all of the assist off by setting them all to Hard/True to Life. Use it as a base at first, and turn on one thing at a time for the assists you need.

1 Like

Are you sure the Autopilot is off after you land?

Seems to be a common issue as it is happening to me as well…all aircraft. Normal taxi prior to takeoff. Approach and landing great…then aircraft immediately seeks taxi route to gate…even through the median! When aircraft finds the taxiway…it tracks and steers itself to gate. FS2020 tech team please address…thanks.

1 Like

Even after setting your Assists to Hard/True to Life on everything?

No…did’t make that adjustment…but also, I shouldn’t have to. This is a game…not a real plane.

My same thought as well. The assists should actually work as described.

Also, the only assist I have on is the ATC assist. All other assists off.

And yes to mdapol’s question, the autopilot is off when this occurs. I typically disengage the a/p at or before minimums depending on what sort of landing I’d like.
– I did try letting the a/p land by itself on an ILS approach just to see if it could, but it touched down several hundred feet ahead of the threshold, so I don’t do that anymore!