Autogen assets disappear / reappear between 1000ft - 3000ft, various locations

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes, no changes made

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When flying low over cities all the non-photogrammetry objects (autogen assets like buildings and trees) fade away for a moment (1 - 2 seconds) and then re-appear. Most noticeable in Japan over cities like Tokyo and Osaka but this has been a bug for a year or more and now hoping it can get some notice.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Thanks to @Jack24162098 from a previous topic but still happening the same way even now.

Tokyo City
RJOO
KCLT
EDDM
EGKK
LFBO
RJFF
RKSS
Here is a quick recording of approach into RJOO I just did in the default A320-

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

As above

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly between 1,000ft and 3,000ft and 150 - 300kts and watch the autogen assets magically disappear then reappear!
Example - Approach RJOO 32L from 3nm out, 2500ft and by the time you have landed, the issue will have happened 1 or 2 times during the short final.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

8700k 3.7GHz, 32GB, RTX3070 8GB (Also GTX 1080Ti 11GB)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

from before SU8

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This bug happens everywhere and it’s annoying

Does anyone know what is the difference between “feedback-logged” and “bug-logged”, are they going to fix the issue that marked as “feedback-logged”?

I think it’s something they acknowledge and will investigate. That it hasn’t had any attention but got tagged is really encouraging, I think we did it :smile:

Any progress with this? I see it going into Kai Tak, Hong Kong as does my friend.

As it still occurs even in SU13 beta, its likely a “no” I’m afraid. If it’s only happening to a handful of people (or at least only a handful are noticing it, only 8 votes!) then it’s likely the lowest priority, if at all.

I have the same issue at OIII.

So I’ve repeated the tests now on two computers as well as the game pass streaming and 3 separate user accounts. Coming into the old Kai Tak on the IGS the buildings near the airport will vanish and regenerate as you are within the city limits. The only way I’ve seen to avoid this is to remove the VHHX airport, I’ve tired with the Stock airport as well as an addon one from the marketplace.

Please fix this Asobo. It’s a pain in the ■■■ having autogen assets disappearing and appearing on final.

It doesn’t make any sense. It seems to be a bug because I wouldn’t think to be plausible trying to save performance creating such an awful immersion killer

Yes.

I have autogen assets disappearing in SBSP, SBGR, SBPA.

It seems to be an autogen bug.

Note that this issue is tagged Bug Logged. It’s on the fix list.
We have to wait for the fix now.

2 Likes

Thanks friend, I didn’t know

1 Like

I’ve experienced the same issue it’s easy replicable going from SPLP to SPJC in Lima Peru, you can see the issue on my video

Nothing to add, reproduced in the F18 and the cessna 172

https://youtu.be/EtZ3Rn2fQTo?si=xf6m52S0oyRfeKuq

yes

Same found at Schwechat Austria flying from photogrammetry area city of Vienna towards airport on photogrammetry borders

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AucYBf9pTPdpvSfwcsC5ak88-hFm