Autopilot issue since latest update (Cessna 172, Beechcraft Bonanza G1000)

Guys, girls, this is NOT an autopilot issue, this is an issue with the world map flight planning when using VFR. Simple trick to confirm is create a flight plan in the default flight planner, export it and open it in Little Nav Map. You will see that these “new” waypoints are created, and this is what the autopilot tries to follow, even if it doesn’t actually show up on your map. This is really annoying.

Agreed. For now I’ve been planning my flight on the flight planner and writing down my way points.

Then I have been setting a departure airport only and just programming my flight plan in when the game loads - I guess it is more realistic in that regard? Just a little slower

I recommend folks start using the G1000 NXi. This will eventually replace the stock G1000, and even in it’s Early Access state, it’s leaps and bounds ahead of the default NavUnit. If nothing else, you won’t have these TOD and BOD waypoints (you will have indicators when you’re about to arrive at them, and eventually full VNAV).

We also have a new master Pinned Post for the Working Title G1000 NXi. Please join the conversation there:

3 Likes

solution:
it happens when using the VFR - GPS option in the flight planner.
the fix I found is to always make your flight plan in IFR and then before or after takeoff ask the ATC to cancel IFR flight plan. that is it !

Did anyone get a fix for this? Turning on the autopilot in a 172 is now worthless. The plane does what it wants and becomes uncontrollable.

Not so sure it’s just in vfr or limited to a couple of aircraft. The point is that TIMECLI (appears as 1st waypoint on the GPS) and nullifies the complete route on the sim’s VFR map and also messes up the AP. Was this suppose to limit/reduce resources or be a benefit to Xbox users or do we not know how to use a GPS? It’s broken.

This logic is totally messed up. Doesn’t even make sense. If one builds a FP ie: in LNM and same is loaded into MSFS as a pln file, now MSFS overwrites/manipulates the FP characteristics and it doesn’t appear as it was defined nor does AP correctly function anymore without playing with the direct to etc. This is a major nav/module issue that needs to be fixed asap.

Until fixed, best to use an alternate form of NAV and manual fly the aircraft along intended route as if there is no AP cause the wiring in this one is shorted out and definitely broken!

I can’t get the nav hold to engage period either by mouse or keyboard just stays off and won’t engage

Invert the flight plan 2 times in the instruments and you will see that it disappears.

I just set a start location and then do “direct to” and key in destination on G1000. Or set up a flight plan once in the plane - haven’t tried doing it from the the World Map screen since

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.