Autopilot not working properly in External View

I would say that having to use vatsim or pilot-2-atc or whatever is the pure definition of having to do a “workaround” when those third party items become necessary to achieve the functionality that the game advertises but fails to deliver.

I think my VFR observation is both fair and accurate.

I noticed this problem while doing the Upper Northeast Adriatic Countries Bushtrip. So I did a little video. This video shows the problem with MSFS autopilot when in external mode. Watch the magenta line in the GPS. The plane follows the flightplan but then starts deviating off the plan. When Cockpit camera is selected Autopilot starts to correct the deviation and brings the aircraft back on course. This can be seen after the waypoint turn before the landing at Rijeka (LDRI). The aircraft continues the turn but corrects itself when cockpit view is selected. The landing itself is a little rough. I was going too slow and somehow managed to switch on the Parking Brake while still airborne!

This is marked as fixed in the latest Sim Update 13 Beta build. Is anyone who is now in the Beta build able to confirm?

1 Like

I just ran a 2.4 hour flight from KSTL (St Louis) to KIAD (Dulles Int) in the 930 and didn’t have any issues with it not following the AP the whole way while in exterior view. Prior to this I couldn’t get past one or two turn points in an IFR plan without it deviating from the flight plan/desired altitude.
I’ll keep monitoring this issue, but this was much better than anything I had previously.
Regards

Thank you for including this in the su13 beta. For me at least, it seems to have resolved the problem.

Excellent news - it appears to be the same for me too on using the su13 beta. I have not tried every single aircraft that I’ve seen the issue with, but the 172 and DA62 have behaved as I would expect in the couple of bush-trip legs I have re-flown in each.

Just flew the Cessna Longitude for a 1 hour flight and it the autopilot works as expected in external view.

1 Like

Good news everyone!

Hello, I just check with some Bush Trip and the issue in external view is still there ! No improvement at all…

Are you in the beta programme?

What do you mean by bêta program?

Currently there is an open beta (test version) of Sim Update 13 out for testing. So some folks are in the “test” version of the sim, which includes some of the things that will be included with Sim Update 13, and some people are still in the last official release of the sim. If you’re unsure which version you have, you can click on your player icon in the sim, and it will show what version of the sim you’re using. The latest Beta version is 1.34.12.0. The last official version I remember was 1.33.8.0.
But the basic point was, the problem with the autopilot in external view seems to be fixed in the Beta/test version, but the problem still exists in the last official release, and should be corrected when sim update 13 is released (tentatively scheduled for 21 September).
Regards

1 Like

Thanks for the good response and clarification @Habu2u2. I think his response might have answered my question… :grin:

1 Like

After check, my version 8s 1.33.8.0. So will wait for the next upgrade !
Thanks for the information

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, I have exactly the same issue in every plane. Especially irritating when flying a bush trip.

Hi Euphonist,

Have you tried opting into the SU13 beta? The changes in this update have resolved the problem for me and other users who had reported the same issue.

I’m not in the beta but on the last 2 flights, one VFR one IFR, the problem didn’t re-occur.

Using the beta now. Version shown is 1.34.15.0
And … yes it is working. At first my LitleNavMap crashed. So, I went back to the normal version.
The next day I set the beta again, started up the LittleNavMap adn everythig is working fine now.
Top!!

Excellent, very pleased to hear it!

This is happening to me and I am running premium MS2020 Cessna 208, Baron 58, and others most likely.