Autopilot not working properly in External View

this is excactly what happens when I fly as well (not using FS2020 beta)

You could try joining the beta maybe, to see if the already prepared changes for SU13 will resolve the issue for you? The beta is coming towards itā€™s end, so the current beta build is presumably very close to what will be released as SU13.
If you donā€™t want to join the beta, the sim update next week should fix the issue for you.

I would love to, but I host a weekly event and wouldnā€™t see anybody, so it will not work. but good thought ill wait to the update comes out

A work around that many have found to be effective is outlined in Autopilot not working properly in External View - #92 by PingNZ

Hi, after the update on last 21rst of septembre, version is still 1.33.8.0ā€¦and so the autoplilot issue still thereā€¦!

Update has been put back to 28 September. That on 21st was a minor update for Airac.

Thanks for this info ! Waiting for 28th !

They come up with updates, but there are a few bugs they never address, such as, When you talk to ATC, during a flight itā€™s a matter of time before you canā€™t hear the tower, but you can hear your co-pilot talk to them, you have to go and read the text to see what the tower said to your aircraft, that has been a bug sense this sim came out, think itā€™s time they fix thisā€¦

Also Bug 2 that i notice now, flying the 787-10 Dreamliner, all of a sudden, your Digital Speed selection changes from Knots, to Mach, for no reason, this is totally annoying, they need to fix that as wellā€¦
Not sure when they are planning to fix this but, itā€™s really annoyingā€¦

What you may be seeing for your ā€œbug 2ā€ may be when the aircraft passes the ā€œcrossover altitudeā€ (normally between FL 250 and 300) it will automatically change from airspeed to Mach numbers.
Regards

No this happens even at ALT 12,000 or 16,000 feet, itā€™s a bug because i press the button to change from Knots to Mach, and nothing happens and some times it brings it back to knots than a couple minutes later it goes back to Mach, itā€™s a bug.

1 Like

Closed as fixed in Sim Update 13: Release Notes - Sim Update 13 [1.34.16.0] Available Now