Avionics turn off and only go on if right mouse button held

Help! So far the Cessna 172 is unflyable, the avionics will randomly turn off and staff of, unless the right mouse button is held down, were they will power back up and turn off if it is released. It’s now happening to other aircraft too.

I’ve tried a completely fresh install with all scenery etc. removed and I still get this bug.

I’ve asked about in a couple of other MSFS communities and no one has experienced this bug.

I really need a resolve on this as it’s the main game I stream.

Looks like a double binding and/or hardware interference issue to me.

What joystick, throttle etc. are you using?

I have the Thrustmaster Airbus throttle and stick, it’s only started recently and completely out of the blue.

1 Like

Have you tried disconnecting your Airbus equipment to check if this is the cause?

btw: it’s only started recently and completely out of the blue. is classic description when problems in a real Airbus are happening :sweat_smile:

Got a Ceesna Beechcraft King Air spawned on the runway with the stick and throttle unplugged and it hasn’t turned the avionics off yet. This is really strange as I’ve had them turn off just spawn on the runway without touching the throttle and stick waiting for the stream start time.

Not sure what to do as I don’t want to go back to flying with an xbox controller :frowning:

Has this problem started with SU5? If yes it’s likely that an unwanted binding change has occured.

Suggest to delete all bindings and start from scratch to avoid any double binding issues.

I’ve mainly been flying the FBW A320 but it’s only happened in the last few days as I’ve stream a bunch of long flight in the 172. It’s only happened in the last few days. Will reinstall the drivers and see if that helps.

I think a firmware update might have fixed it :smiley:

1 Like

I had this the other day with my bravo on the 152. Only would come on with right click of mouse.

Turned out I had the master avionics switch off which was programmed to the bravo.

Same for me as well.
Tried several different aircraft but the same bug hits most of them which are the default aircraft. Robin, Cessna and the like. Seems to happen in 2d as well as VR.
Airbus throttle and stick, Logitech mouse, generic keyboard.
i7 9700, Win 10
nVidia RTX 2070Super
32GB, 1TB nvme.
Win 10 and all drivers up to date
Nothing has changed since the last update and it seems to be happening after the AUS WU.

Assigned one of the buttons on throttle to Avionics and it seems to be working on one of the planes but today it happened again on Cessna 172 G1000

Did you get a fix for this? It;s randomly started happening to me again. Firmware update didn’t fix this time.

1 Like

It’s a sim issues these folks just refuse to admit it.

I have figured out that on the airbus thrustmaster tca quadrant has the 2 red buttons activated as a master switch so i disconnected it from my pc and everything has been working fine since

I found out - in my case it was not the red button (Auto Thrust), it was the starter for engine 1/2 are set to the same as fuel and engine master. I set them to 5/6 then its working.

1 Like

Well, this is odd, but I just started experiencing this in the SU10 beta. I don’t use the TCA quadrant, but the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo. Same exact symptoms though. If I hold RMB, the avionics come on, otherwise they are off.

I had this having just bought the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke. With the Honeycomb yoke it was because I had not switched the starter back to both. It is not spring loaded. Hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

just got the solution!
in the TCA Q-Eng profife, just DEACTVATE and empty all function of Joystick Button 3&4.
It works!

just got the solution!
Thrustmaster Airbus throttle…in the TCA Q-Eng profife, just DEACTVATE and empty all function of Joystick Button 3&4.
It works!

Woah, that must have been my issue! It stopped happening after I switched profiles, I’ll have to compare the two to see the difference.

Was that the problem?