Avsim MSFS forums down?

Hi all. Are any users of the Avsim MSFS forums seeing that Avsim is down now? I get redirected to some Network Solutions parking page when I try to visit the Avsim MSFS forums (I know some people don’t like Avsim here, but please let’s not turn this into a flame war on Avsim).

Are any other users of the Avsim MSFS forums experiencing the same thing I am experiencing?

3 Likes

Exactly the same experience as yours…

1 Like

Yes. The same for me.

1 Like

Ok. I think the Avsim administrators forgot to pay their hosting fees or something, lol. Oh well, I’m sure it will be back up in a day or two.

2 Likes

Usually a sign that domain renewal failed to occur timely.

2 Likes

It is working fine for me. I just checked my bookmarked link:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/863-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/

That doesn’t work for me. Are you sure it’s not just a cached page in your browser?

4 Likes

Oddly enough, I checked the Whois on avsim.com and it’s not up for renewal until 2022. It must be their hosting that’s down, so perhaps the nameserver just redirects to a Network Solution parking page because the host isn’t working.

I checked on an anonymized browser before posting.
I don’t have an account there so definitely not cookie related.

Not working here either.

The anonymized browser your are using is probably using a cached copy of that page. Avsim appears to be down for everyone at this point.

Edit: Maybe it’s not down if tamalien can visit it and is posting pictures of it.

Give it time. There is a thread there with others who had the same issue now saying it is resolved for them

2 Likes

Does not work

The thread on their own forums has users concluding the same thing.

Thanks for the picture. Interestingly, avism.com does not expire until March of 2022: avsim.com whois lookup - who.is

Must be some other issue. But if you are able to visit avsim while we can’t, it may not be a hosting issue either. The host is working if you and other people can visit it.

1 Like

I can’t copy everything from the thread in question, but this may also help:

I said, above, to give it time as it may take a little while for DNS servers to repopulate the correct DNS address if there was a routing, rather than a hosting, issue.

1 Like

Strange… tried your link, that worked, I went to the front page… everything works here (NL)
I didn’t cache this,

Try to write something on the forum

Nothing wrong with that forum. It does work… it’s just slow DNS on a sunday ?
…recent messages can be found

It was down this morning, then OK for awhile, now down again.