Avsim MSFS forums down?

Never heard of that in the last 15 years at least.

Doesn’t work here too on PC, but it works on Android, go figure.

Avsim.com not working here.

Oh dear now what will all those angry old guys that never could be real pilots and sit in front of a computer bullying people do for fun?

4 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: You got courage, to write it out like that!

2 Likes

Yeah, I knew people would come into this thread and start insulting Avsim pretty soon.

FYI, a lot of 3rd party devs post directly in Avsim. This includes Fenix (Aamir), Milviz, JustFlight, FSCrew, and other prominent 3rd party devs. In addition, the Working Title folks post there. And the FBW folks post there too. So even if you dislike the “angry old guys” that post there, it’s still a good resource for MSFS and interacting with many of the high profile developers that make MSFS as good as it is (fortunately, some of those people post in this forum too, but having different ways to interact with them is just a nice plus).

9 Likes

If you change your website URL+IP at Vodaphone, all other Vodaphone (and allianced) DNS providers get it immediately. From these providers, it is distributed further (kicked around at random). It can take - at least - hours. The more traffic, the faster it goes. This topic was opened 2 hours ago.

They will march, ah er hobble, over here and kick you off of YOUR lawn.

Yep, same as you. I normally read avsim but don’t log in. For some reason my log in never works and I have to each time reset a password. Too much trouble. So when i post its here and not avsim.

So very true! Avsim has many great hidden gems as well, such as a detailed physics write up about Xplane, what it is good and bad at etc, from the perspective of an engineer. And I always enjoyed Mathjis’s interactions as well as randazzos. I guess it’s as everywhere, you choose which convo to jump into :slight_smile:

1 Like

What will “all those angry old guys that never could be real pilots and sit in front of a computer bullying people do for fun?”

Oh, I don’t know… perhaps they’ll visit this forum and view an angry, younger, resentful, insecure, non-real pilot such as yourself sit in front of a computer bullying other people?

PPL/VFR/IFR/MEL

7 Likes

I sincerely hope that’s a temporary shutdown.
Avsim is a mountain of knowledge and contributions for several decades, and the “sweet home” for thousands of nice folks over the world.
It is also frequented by a few hundred idiots who believe they are on Tweeter and who pour their mediocrity, but it is in tune with nowadays practices and that in no way detracts from the quality of this site.

3 Likes

Same here, but using VPN I can get normal access. Probably just some issues with the DNS registration which should be resolved sooner rather than later.

Working fine here in the UK.

It appears to be back, so we’re closing this thread since the Non-compliant responses have started. HINT HINT.

1 Like