AWESOME Performance!

My sim is running VERY smooth with no issues so far. Never had it run so smooth up to now.

How’s everyone’s performance after all the recent updates?

13 Likes

Same as you, no issues and smooth as.

5 Likes

Same, best performance ever and smooth. The surprising thing for me is I have an older CPU, an i7 960 4 core 3.2Ghz. Very pleased!!!

6 Likes

yes me too, its never been so good as now. My specs are similar to an xbox X, sort of wonder if that has anything to do with it.

1 Like

Did the hotfix fix the performance issues introduced with WU4 or something?

Not sure I find the sim is running fluid in some areas then bad stuttering others.

The hot fix Just fixed the WASM issue and cockpit screens not being responsive if the RTC is not skipped.

Regards

is it because of the new 1.15.8.0 Hotfix?

Try unistalling this if your having issues: https://www.techradar.com/news/new-windows-10-update-is-causing-a-whole-world-of-pain

1 Like

Can NOT confirm. I just flew from Miami to Boston in the A32NX by FBW.

It’s either the aircraft or the sim, but my framerate tanked during the approach, the autopilot nearly killed me and then I had a CTD.

Something is not right. I know the New York area is one of the busiest in the entire sim, but come on. I can expect proper memory management by a modern simulator. It’s not like we are still in the 32 bit era.

(sorry, venting a bit)

2 Likes

Just for curiosity, try your JFK approach with multiplayer set to generic liveries.

1 Like

I have the multiplayer disabled entirely and only fly with real-time AI traffic. No need for me to see Beavis and Butthead playing hijack when I fly :grin:

EDIT:

I am pretty sure my PC just ran out of memory during the approach. The same happens to me when I do sightseeing over Manhattan in the H135 for longer than 30 minutes. It continuously grinds to a halt and then crashes after some time.

Subjectively it got worse with the last two patches, though (not including this hotfix).

4 Likes

Smooth as silk, with an increase of around 10FPS across the board. I was able to up my tree and LOD settings significantly and still be ahead by 5FPS. Best update so far.

1 Like

Its great, im absolutely pleased. I havent used any sim as much as MSFSsince years, its themost stable and well performing sim ever. Im doing online flights on VATSIM almost daily, its a great experience.

Also thehotfix came very fast and i can use the CRJ with all my panels again thanks to the fix.
The devs are doing a great job at the moment :+1:t3:

1 Like

You should monitor your memoryusage with RTSS for example. On hogh settings and hogh resolution you RAM and VRAM will be eaten. Even my 2080Ti with 10GB VRAM is at 97% VRAM usage in big cities. You haveto be careful. :slight_smile:

Altough i had no crash at all since a very long time and only use3rd party planes (crj) and many many 3rd party airports. I fly on vatsim with custom AI to represent the according airplanes.
In P3D all these would have been granted CTDs at some point but MSFS just keeps stable.

1 Like

I used to do that but eventually gave it up, because I want to fly and not watch a memory graph during final approach.

It’s a shame that this sim has so many issues with proper memory management. I only have a 2070 Super, but I also fly at 1080p, down from 1440p. The performance is fine in any other area, but over New York it’s more or less always crashing.

Time to dial down the settings it seems like. But that’s really painful for me, because right now the visuals are the best about FS2020 for me.

1 Like

Usuallywith DX11 you should not crash dueto memory management. It could be a mod or something. Check windows eventviewer > administrative events to see what caused the crash.

EventData 

FlightSimulator.exe 
   60783c14 
   FlightSimulator.exe 
   60783c14 
   0000000001bdb902 
   01d73300e8835b81 
   C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe 
   C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe 
   6faf318c-7f13-41a1-af1d-395d43f23080 
   Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe 
   App

As far as I know, exception 0x80000003 means out of memory. But I am not sure.

Is there an event just before the crash? Something likd kernel or nvldmkm?

System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Resource-Exhaustion-Detector 
   [ Guid]  {9988748e-c2e8-4054-85f6-0c3e1cad2470} 

EventID 2004 

Version 0 

Level 3 

Task 3 

Opcode 33 

Keywords 0x8000000020000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2021-04-17T01:13:39.5413401Z 

EventRecordID 69596 

- Correlation 

[ ActivityID]  {bd393c33-92e3-4df1-a989-eba7f6001731} 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  4960 
   [ ThreadID]  12340 

Channel System 

Computer  

- Security 

[ UserID] 

Yes, ran out of memory about 20 seconds before the CTD.

1 Like