AWESOME Performance!

Not here, FPS is down about 20% since December at my usual test setup:

December:

1.15.7.0:

5900x, RTX 3090

I could not agree more. MP is full of all sorts of silliness. I turned it off on the second day. LOL

3 Likes

It’s smooth, but not stable. Most of the time it’s working perfectly, then the stutters start, memory use starts increasing for no reason, and it spirals down from there. After a restart at the exact same coordinates and conditions, perfectly smooth again. Too bad restarting the game from desktop to in the air takes 7 minutes, progress lost, plane state lost.

Plus I still can’t run at my old settings, got used to terrain detail 100 now, flying lower not to see the glaring transitions!

It runs better most of the time, still restarting once or twice a day due to bad performance cropping up.

3 Likes

Last time I checked, Dx11 only did graphics video stuff, not memory management. Memory exhaustion is due to MSFS reading into memory the graphics data to build the frames. If graphics parameters are set too high, higher than the CPU can process them, then they are temporary stored in RAM. When RAM fills up, performance tanks. Performance tuning should include setting appropriate graphics parameters. Recent updates have contained some performance improvements but users with ultra, ultra settings are still having memory problems, especially if they only have 16 GB of RAM.

1 Like

Running great. Fortunately not had the issues I read about on these forums. Just have an out of the box Asus 16G RAM with a couple of add on liveries and loving this sim!

So , after some initial issues it seems to be fine ok.

Stuttering again after the patch…

Super smooth and stable here. I’d say FPS not any better - potentially marginally worse, but much much more than compensated for by the smoothness.

Never had any issues because I don’t have AMD stuff.

Never, never had performance issues from day 1. I’m flying almost vanilla. Everything ultra, no Nvidia optimization (of course :wink:). Sometimes a little stutter when loading landscape, but hardly noticeable. FPS mostly between 35-50. Very happy!

At least do they pay you to speak nonsense around here?

Stutters have appeared since the patch…

Yes good update from where i’m sat although have had relatively few issues since launch. I’m not demanding my 2060 Super GPU does the equivalent of trying to push a basketball through a garden hose so keeping it real and things are very smooth and stutter free so far. Off to L.A to see how we fare there :thinking:

If people are running smooth, are they not having the once in while microstutters very occassionally? Just interested to know. Mine is running smooth as well, but from time to time there are some little microstutters. Not a big deal for me, just wondering if others also have them while in general the sim runs smooth.

I echo this - I’m flying the fantastic Airbus H135 Helo - low-level and fast - and the sim is purring along with only occasional hiccups. My system is nothing special: i78700K@3.70GHz, 16GB DDR RAM, GTX1080 (8GB). My MSFS 2020 settings are the default ‘High End’.

Very happy with this. It’s not perfect, but given my PC specs it’s more than satisfactory.

1 Like

Don’t feed it! :joy:

‘Trip trap trip trap… “who’s that tripping over my bridge?!” roared the troll.’

Only when loading the photogammetry stuff as I’m only on a 25Mbps connection.

Increased performance! TX a lot ASOBO for the fantastic World Updade and for the fast bugfixing this time.

1 Like

No difference in overall performance for me, except that most buggy areas seem fixed, but in visuals it is a clear deterioration since WU3, especially the tree Lod and abnormalities in scenery.

I’m having the best performance since I first played the game.

Everything is buttery smooth.