AWESOME Performance!

What settings? I am running a 2060super on the same resolution with an i7 10700kf and can’t even get the sim to run pass 40fps even in rural areas! Maybe a case I do have all my LOD sliders maxed out.GPU settings on high.

Loading times for me is 4 minutes from pressing the icon to main page. Even though I have quite a lot in the community file. Back in August 2020 at first release it was 10-20mins at that was before freeware and payware mods and scenery

Do you have 16GB of memory? If so, you might want to consider getting an upgrade to 32GB+ or increase the size of you paging file(s).

No. I have 32GB DDR4-3200 memory, running in XMP mode with my i7 CPU. This game is ludicrous when it comes to memory use. On ULTRA you can easily exceed even 32GB of memory allocation in busy areas.

I was hoping that it would get better with future patches, but it doesn’t. I already started viewing my charts and OFPs on a separate device to get the last bit out of my RAM. Sometimes I get down to something like 200 MB of free memory.

So either I avoid the huge metropolitan areas or I turn down the detail.

1 Like

Yes all good for me here too, i5 9600k not overclocked, 1080ti, NVMe SSDs, 1440p, getting solid 30fps on the ground at airports with the FBW a320 and Aerosoft CRJ, up to 60fps in flight.

All set to default “high” settings, prior to the update it was a micro stutter based mess, post update is smooth as anything, asobo nailed this one.

I have lost 15-20 FPS since the last update. Very frustrated! I have had few problems until now. It seems every update they fix one groups problem and ruin it for another.

3 Likes

Well, I did suffer one big issue (profile data corruption) that forced me to erase the profile data and reinstall the entire game, but I’m not sure the original bug is recent. Otherwise, I’ve already stated that the game runs smoother than ever since 1.15.7.0

Load times seem to have increased, though. In particular, I suspect the game loads the hangar every time we go back to the lobby. I think it’s pretty wasteful, as we almost never go to the hangar. So it would be better to load the 3D hangar only when we visit it, which is once every two moons.

I highly recommend reporting these issue, starts smooth then stutters until restart, things like that.
That will help the devs and we all benefit.

As per the image, taken the same time as the previous screenshot. Don’t forget it’s only a 2060 so you need to be realistic in what you expect the card to do. Those settings work well for me with my setup, plus allowing some headroom for when I head into the big cities and airports where the FPS is guaranteed to tank. LOD sliders at max is asking for trouble in my experience, the card’s just not beefy enough to handle that and return decent consistent FPS.

how it is possible that one in 1000 threads in this forum it is dedicated to share good positive vibes of the sim in you start reading negative comments…conclusion…people dont like fly and sim…only want visuals and fps

You guys that have no performance issues. Could you try spawning at LFMN Airport and panning around the cockpit and around the aircraft outside. For me this is an example of the really poor performance.

1 Like

Also check this youtube video out from easyjetsimpilot. Watch the approach and landing at the end. This is how my sim behaves.
I have 10600k, 2080 super and 32gb ram. Sim on 500gb ssd.

I can confirm that the sim runs smoothly with the occasional stutter.

Flew a couple of hours yesterday over east and north of France, checked some new POIs on the way, everything was fine with beautiful landscapes and real weather rendered

Frankly speaking, no issue so far with latest 1.15.8.0 even on my simple i7 GTX 1060 laptop, flying with a great experience, with lots of people flying around all over my trip

Any particular aircraft? Don’t have the A320NX installed right now just in case.

Any aircraft. Worse in the airliners though…

Yeah that’s pretty grim . Will upload a vid to Youtube asap for you. Tried the TBM, horrible fps drops and stuttering when panning around, then stabilises, then does it again as soon as I pan some more. Default A320 no better.

Its the new LFMN airport. Its pretty poorly optimised. I deleted it and went back to the default which fixes the poor performance. I heard the JustSim version of this airport runs without issues. The added benefit of deleting it is you get rid of the ridiculous large bump at the end of the runway. No idea how no-one noticed that this NEW airport runs so bad.

1 Like

i think its probably issues with the a32nx experimental version. my framerates have also dropped significantly. latest patches and everything. maybe issues with the custom ap especially when landing.

That’s what I don’t understand. How could this go unnoticed. And there was a Beta test. Asobo really need to get a grip with there quality control. Really poor. LFMN isn’t unique in its poor optimization.