Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

Thanks again for your help.

I tried BAROMETRIC before, but in vain. I think it works when the aircraft is over 18000ft. (as the description says.)
In Japan, transition is at 14000ft, so I’m looking for the way to push the STD button.

In P3D control setting, it called “Altimeter (Standard altitude)”. Is it as same as BAROMETRIC event right?

Oh, that one.

Well, you can’t click on the button in the QW plane with AAO, not like with PMDG (AFAIK)

But you can replicate what it is doing by using scripts

1013 (>A:KOHLSMAN SETTING MB, Millibars)
Or
16208 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)

Or assign the value 16208 (=1013*16) to the KOHLSMAN_SET event with a button definition in AAO

Mind you, this is off the top of my head, I’m not at the computer right now.

Thanks for the ideas!
I’d like to try that later, and I report that I got it or not. :wink:

Quick question, what numerical value should I use for the keypress event for fine and course adjustments for Com and Nav radios?

Quick question, what numerical value should I use for the keypress event for fine and course adjustments for Com and Nav radios?

I don’t think that there is a numerical value, the event probably doesn’t care. COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC will increase by either 25 KHz or 8.333 KHz, depending on which spacing mode is selected for the radios. It doesn’t matter what value you supply, it will always only do this. I think. You would have to create a script that reads frequencies in BCD16, then adds your desired offset (also in BCD16) and writes that value using COM1_RADIO_HZ_SET. That is tricky stuff, since with this sim frequencies are BCD encoded. Plus, with MSFS this is very hard to do, because BCD16 is too short to hold values in the 8,333 KHz spacing.

Personally I would use RPN scripts with the default _FRACT_INC_CARRY events for this and just trigger the key event multiple times in the script for big adjustments.

1 Like

Hi guys, could someone please help me. Is it possible to use my Behringer UMC204 HD to control some things in MSFS 2020? It picks it up in the software as ID3: Midi Out but I am struggling to understand how to see how to assign anything to the buttons or knobs or maybe it is not compatible at all?

Sorry, but this is not a MIDI input device. The buttons and dials only control the electronics of the device, they are not MIDI controllers. This is not about compatibility, it is simply another type of device (microphone amplifier, right?)

Ahhhhh that makes sense, I thought this may be an issue…gosh :wink:

Thanks for these ideas.

I tried and I found that these scripts are setting the altimeter as same as STD right?
I just want to confirm because “STD” indicator doesn’t appear on the FD.

Yes, that is what I meant by “you can’t klick on the button in the plane”. Not yet anyway and not with QW.

1 Like

Hello again - I have implemented a method of reading and writing LVARs with AAO. This enables you to actually click on the buttons in the cockpit. I have started testing it with the QW 787, so if you want, send me an email or a PM here in the forum with your order number, and you can test it too.

Thanks for your additional help!
I would like to send you an Email.

Hello
today I got my X-Touch Mini and I started with programming it.
I’ve read the whole topic, especially the instructions from @rottenbk, but I am not sure, how exactly the settings are to be set in the X-Touch editor? It would be very helpful for a beginner like me if someone could show me the settings.
@rottenbk: Could you be so kind to share your settings with me? I have downloaded your template and want to operate my X-Touch Mini with the same settings.
Thank you for your help and best regards,
Gerhard

Sure. I’m absolutely slammed right now with real life stuff but I can put something together in a day or two to get you started. :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

If you followed the thread since I posted that large howto, you’ll see that I was unknowingly working around a couple bugs in AAO. The later versions of AAO addresses some of those issues (Oliver is super awesome at support!). I’ve been meaning to update the howto and move on to other topics (combo switches, simple RPN scripting to handle the button LEDs) but again…time is a pretty rare resource these days! :slight_smile:

Can you send me your settings with email?

Yep, working on it now!

Thank you very much

Guys would I be able to control MSFS 2020 using this MIDI controller?

Korg NANOKONTROL-2 > Black USB-MIDI Controller

Theoretically yes, but I would recommend trying it first with the demo version of AxisAndOhs.

The sliders could be utilized as ON/OFF switches, by assigning appropriate events or scripts to their up/down movement. I just tried that with the slider on the Behringer X-Touch and PITOT_HEAT_ON / PITOT_HEAT_OFF, and it worked fine.

Unfortunately, I can’t try before I buy which is poopy… not sure what to do.